Financial Analyst– Walt Disney, Mumbai (2 – 4 years of experience)
Here is an excellent opportunity for someone with deep understanding of finance sector and looking for an Analyst role in a renowned company. Can you create, analyse, and develop a wide range of reports, financial models and management presentations? If so, look at the details below.
Designation – Financial Analyst
Location – Mumbai
About employer – Walt Disney
Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for company-wide operating and capital planning, quarterly and annual earnings and cash flow forecasting, annual operating plans and five-year plans, review of all major capital projects, monitoring of segment/business unit operating performance, direct finance support of corporate departments and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations to inform corporate senior management and the Board of Directors regarding the company’s financial performance, business trends and capital investment. In addition, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis works closely with our Investor Relations and Public Relations Departments with respect to our ongoing investor and financial communications.
The Analyst will be responsible for creating, analysing, and developing a wide range of reports, financial models and management presentations. The Analyst, will review and approve sourcing and procurement projects for adherence to the department’s savings methodology, and coordinate finance validations from the business units supported. The Analyst will assist in the AOP (Annual Operating Plan) and budgeting process. The Analyst will be a part of a Financial Planning and Analysis team that will provide analytical rigor to support the Corp FP&A teams in across a wide variety of initiatives. The role will also create and analyse financial measures initiatives compared to plan and forecast. This individual will support activities primarily with financial, information systems, communication, training and performance expertise. The role will work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- Conduct Market research and Vendor due diligence using internal or external available systems, including developing and maintaining various executive dashboards.
- Perform planning, forecasting and trend analysis of cost savings and spend including variance analyses to plan, forecasts, and prior year(s).
- Review and approve sourcing initiatives for adherence to the department’s savings methodology.
- Conduct data collection and verification required to measure sourcing and procurement performance measurements, including savings, spend, influence and other sourcing related measurements.
- Assist in developing and measuring against the department’s annual plan, forecasts, budget and 5 year strategic plans including the areas of spend, savings and/or overhead.
- Develop forecasts and budgets for the corporate business units for consolidation into the Company’s overall plans.
- Support financial and other information inquiries from Corp FP&A stakeholders.
- Support the transition and on-going performance of client teams by developing and disseminating policy and procedure manuals, product catalogues, performance reports and marketing manuals.
- Assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement of Corp FP&A processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term direction for the organization.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- 2-4 years’ experience in financial planning, management consulting, auditing and/or corporate finance environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CA preferred.
- SAP, Procure to Pay, COGNOS and GL experience preferred
- Excellent spreadsheet and computer modelling skills. Advanced MS Excel knowledge preferred.
- Proficient budgeting and management reporting experience, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping priorities and reprioritize as necessary in order to meet current business objectives
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong research and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize issues and complex models.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to work with stringent deadlines
- Very good work ethic accompanied by a positive, get-it-done attitude
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.