Are you tired of working for big banks and want to be a part of something different, as a Risk Analyst? Do you have deep knowledge of credit risk and collections analysis? Do you have hands on experience in understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS, SQL and Excel Power Pivot? If the answer to above questions is yes, check out this opening.
Designation – RISK ANALYST
About employer – TEG Analytics
We’re looking for a Risk & Collections Analyst to help manage our credit risk adjudication & collections strategies in a way that drives customer solutions, optimizes profit and ensures Mogo’s competitive advantage. This role requires exceptional leadership skills, a results-focused attitude and the ability to effectively communicate risks and opportunities to the senior leadership team in areas like portfolio trends, collections forecasts and credit risk adjudication models. If you’re tired of working for big banks and want to be a part of something different, check out the responsibilities and qualifications below.
- Develop, implement and monitor collections strategies including scorecards and decision trees to optimize collections performance
- Monitor, maintain & enhance decisioning strategies in Equifax Interconnect and Authentication platform including score cut-offs and decision tree strategy
- Production and analysis of collections reports, communicating key trends to senior management to ensure effective and efficient collections
- Forecast key risk and collections metrics including NSF rates, New $ Default, and $ Collected
- Apply expertise and knowledge of financial services to optimize collection and acquisition strategy
- Leverage credit risk data to enhance underwriting policy to align with Mogo’s overall corporate and credit risk adjudication strategies
- Develop and maintain a standard set of ongoing reports that evaluate the overall credit risk and profitability of our various customer segments
- Seeks out opportunities to challenge current processes and works to develop and implement new methods for managing credit risk
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree in statistics, math or a related discipline (advanced degree is desired)
- 5+ years of experience in risk and/or collections analytics role
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk and collections analysis
- Experience with data mining and model development
- Previous experience in a Canadian financial institution or financial services organization
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in a retail credit risk and collections environment
- In-depth understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS, SQL and Excel Power Pivot
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills — both verbal and written
Interested candidates can send their CV’S along with a cover letter to [email protected] with subject as RISK ANALYST– TEG Analytics.