Data Scientist – Myntra – Bangalore (5-7 years of experience)
Designation – Data Scientist
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Myntra
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will apply advanced analytics and data science to measure performance and improve marketing decision making at Myntra and work on models that can increase conversions on our owned properties. You will be using all of the tools in the Big Data (Hadoop) environment. As a key team member of the data sciences group at Myntra, you will be responsible for programming data (i.e. using Big Data tools such as Map/Reduce, Hive, Pig, and Python) to extract and transform raw data as well as contributing your own reports, analysis and actionable insights. The ideal candidate is a strategic, analytical thinker, results and detail oriented, and possesses the confidence and knowledge to optimize business performance. You must be a self-starter, have demonstrated ability to influence decision makers with data, be comfortable with change and have a desire to learn new tools and analytics techniques. Success in this role greatly depends on your ability to work in a dynamic environment, building rapport with business owners across Myntra.
- Use software development and database ETL techniques to manipulate raw data using a combination of Map/Reduce, Pig, Hive, Hue, Python, etc. in order to cleanse and prepare data sets for advanced analytics.
- Design and develop new models and algorithms providing advanced analytics to guide marketing decisions.
- Effectively respond to requests for ad hoc analyses.
- Collaborate with other team members to synthesize learnings from other analyses/sources to present holistic analysis and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ensure solutions are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of stakeholders.
- Participate in defining technical and methodological requirements to improve the Analytics tools and infrastructure used at Myntra.
Qualification and Skills Required
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics and/or marketing analytics. Experience in B2C or retail, ecommerce is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Computer science or statistics a strong preference.
- Expert in advanced analytics techniques coupled with the ability to form hypotheses and draw meaningful business insights. Knowledge of modeling techniques such as logistic regression and ML algorithms such as SVM, Naïve Bayes and self-learning systems. Knowledge of Optimization techniques is preferred.
- Expertise in working with data platforms including large scale data: SQL, Hadoop, PL/SQL, Pig, Hive. Technical expertise in working with a language of your choice : Perl, Python, Java, Ruby.
- Firm understanding and experience with database architecture, Microsoft Excel, and other systems and tools associated with accessing, analyzing and visually presenting data to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with analysis and optimization across marketing channels such as Digital Marketing (SEO/SEM, Display, Affiliates, Social Media), Direct Marketing (EMail, SMS), online (website) properties, CRM (eg. Salesforece.com), and marketing automation tools
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, or CoreMetrics or Omniture
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc. with experience in writing and tuning SQL queries in an online or offline environment
Interested people can apply for this job can mail their CV to [email protected] with subject as Data Scientist – Myntra – Bangalore