AVBytes: Developments this week – Automated Feature Engineering, Baidu’s voice cloning AI, JupyterLab Release, Google’s Heart Disease Predicting AI, etc.
Over the last 4 years, Analytics Vidhya has played a huge role in spreading analytics and data science knowledge among professionals and learners. But one of the things, our readers constantly wanted to learn was recent developments in industry i.e. what technology is being applied where to create a real life impact.
I am really excited to present you AVBytes! AVBytes will keep you updated with all the major developments and advancements in the world of #AI, #MachineLearning & #DataScience, across the globe!
In addition to the news, we will also add our take on that particular development.
Subscribe here to get the updates and start your learning now!
Below is a round-up of all the happenings in the last week. Click on each title to read the full article.
- Feature Labs Launches Python Integrated Software to Automate Feature Engineering: You can now automate feature engineering in python! Feature Labs has come out with a software that integrates easily with pandas or ski-kit learn. More details inside.
- Baidu’s ‘Deep Voice’ AI System can Clone your Voice (check out the samples inside): AI is getting more and more advanced (and scary?). Baidu’s AI takes just 3 seconds to clone your voice! Incredible. Check out the audio samples inside.
- JupyterLab Beta Released for the General Public: JupyterLab has been released for the general public! A mix of text editor, visualizer, and python Notebook, this is a brilliant tool. Read more about it, including our first impressions, in this article.
- Google Releases AI powered ‘Auto Ads’: Do you use AdSense? ‘Auto Ads’, Google’s new AI, will make ad placement and monetization decisions on your behalf. A beta testing of the AI saw an increase of revenue by 10% on average.
- NVIDIA’s FastPhotoStyle Library will Make you an Artist (with Python codes): Launched a few days ago, this NVIDIA python library that will make you feel like an artist. Work with images, and transorm them into masterpieces! Read all about it, including the python codes on how to do it yourself.
- Predict the risk of a Law Suit? Intraspexion’s Deep learning Model Makes it Possible: How cool would it be if you could predict a law suit is going to happen? Imagine the money your company could save. Thanks to deep learning, it’s now possible! See how the model works in this article.
- Polisis uses AI to Protect your Online Privacy: No one really reads the terms and conditions of any website. We don’t know what personal info we’re sharing with them. Now, there’s a free machine learning powered software, Polisis, that helps us protect our online privacy.
- Google’s AI can Predict Heart Diseases by Scanning our Retina: Google’s new AI just needs to scan your eye to detect the risk of heart diseases. The deep learning algo was trained using almost 300,000 data points. Read about it here.
- Baidu has Developed an Algorithm That Might Make Store Managers Obsolete: Chinese search engine Baidu has developed a machine learning algo that predicts the next day’s quantity requirement. Should store managers be concerned? Read more about it here.
- ‘RLlib’ Library Aims to Make Reinforcement Learning Easier: For all the reinforcement learning followers – there’s a new python library called ‘RLlib’ that makes it easier to scale, integrate and reuse RL’s components.
- Highlights from the rstudio::conf 2018: If you use R, this is a must-read article for you! From deep learning (tensorflow) to the tidyverse universe, check out what all was covered in the rstudio::conf 2018 held in San Diego a couple of weeks ago.
The above AVBytes were published from 17th to 25th Feb 2018.
What’s your take on these? What do you think of this new initiative? What would you want us to cover more as part of AVBytes. Let us know in the comments below.
Subscribe here to get daily AVBytes in your inbox!