Do you dream of enabling fast growth companies with scalable, dynamic and robust data pipelines to achieve their vision of serving their customers? Can you visualise how these data pipelines you build go on to define the customer experience for companies with huge data?
Analytics Vidhya – India’s largest Analytics and Data Science community is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our core team. The role will enable you to teach and democratise Data Engineering to millions of users across the globe.
You bring the passion and drive to do what has not been done in the past – we will provide you the platform to make a global impact and bring out the leader in you.
What should you expect while working with Analytics Vidhya?
• A team of best data professionals and thought leaders from industry.
• Disciplined entrepreneurship within team. Each person is owner of his own work – you set the milestones, the pace and the achievements.
• High standards, deep passion for data products and a commitment to find out ways to make things work.
Who can fill in the shoes?
This role is best suited for:
• Person with 4+ years of experience in Big Data and Data Engineering in companies dealing with huge datasets.
• Prior experience with training will be an advantage.
• Having experience in Data Engineering technologies like Apache Spark, HBase, Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, YARN, Kafka, Zookeeper, Java, Python and Scala
• Experience with setting up and maintaining Datawarehouse (RedShift) and DataLakes for an Organization
• Having deep experience in one of the Cloud providers – Azure or AWS.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra / MongoDB.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Having good understanding of machine learning landscape and concepts
• Have Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and products and create training programs to increase adoption
• Have ability to translate technical content into videos, tutorials, online courses
• Strong problem solving and communication skills (English).
What is the role?
Being a startup, the role would evolve over time. But, here are a few things you can expect:
• Defining and leading our strategy in making data engineering skills accessible for our community members
• Continuously learning new tools in Data Engineering and evangelizing them within our community
• Delivering and creating content for offline and online workshops
• Set up Data Engineering labs for Analytics Vidhya
• Leading industry events, meetups and webinars
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to real life use cases
Where is the role based?
Currently – you can be anywhere in the world. We would love to have you in our office in Gurgaon in post Corona world!