Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Description and Responsibility:
- Play a key role to solve complex problems, pivotal to Walmart’s business and drive actionable insights from petabytes of data.
- Analyze large, complex data sets by developing advanced statistical and machine learning models based on business initiatives
- Utilize big data analytics and advanced data mining techniques to direct the gathering of data, assess data validity and synthesize data into large analytics datasets to support project goals
- Build and train scalable models using best practices, enabling re-use for future project
- Utilize product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic analytical products after successful prototyping.
- Lead small teams and participate in large data analytics project teams by serving as the technical lead for project
- Partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions.
- Clearly articulate and present recommendations to business partners, and influence future plans based on insights.
- Partner and engage with associates in other regions for delivering best services to the customers around the globe.
- Mentor peers and analysts across the division in analytical best practices.
Skill & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree with years of relevant experience OR Masters with years of relevant experience OR PHD in Statistics/Mathematics with minimum of 6 years’ experience
- Experience in analyzing complex problems and translate it into analytical approach
- Experience in Statistical Learning: - Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics, Web Analytics, Parametric and Non-parametric models, Regression, Time Series, Dynamic/Causal Model, Statistical Learning, Guided Decisions, Topic Modeling
- Experience in Machine Learning, supervised and unsupervised: - Forecasting, Classification, Data/Text Mining, NLP, Decision Trees, Adaptive Decision Algorithms, Random Forest, Search Algorithms, Neural Networks, Deep Learning Algorithms
- Lead role mentoring junior statistical analysts on approach and results.
- Experience with big data analytics and advanced data mining techniques to analyze data
- Experience with identifying trends, patterns, and outliers in data
- Experience with statistical programming languages, analytical packages/libraries (R, Python)
- Experience with statistical tools (R studio, Revolution R, Python notebooks)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, data warehouse platforms (Teradata), NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data platforms - Hadoop(Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, HQL)/Spark/H2O
Does Not Matter
10 Lakhs to 12 Lakhs
Skills hiring for
Locations hiring at