13 Lakhs to 17 Lakhs 2.0 years Mumbai
Department / Team: Data & Analytics
Sub-group: BI & Insights Generation
Grade: Business Analyst or Senior Business Analyst
Reporting to: Manager, Analytics (Insights Generation)
Location: Andheri East, Mumbai, India
Candidate should be able to understand problem statement (articulated or unstructured) from internal teams and external clients and should be able to translate that into data requirement and decide on what analysis needs to be done.
Efficiently work with data sets from small to large and real-time data leveraging industry standard practices so that he/she can deliver projects on time and with agreed scope
He / she should be able to write new programming logic and / or be able to modify existing logic
Provide technical expertise in statistical analysis, mathematical modelling, and data mining/machine learning. Share best practices and learnings with colleagues and all areas of the business.
Conduct properly designed, statistically sound, analytical experiments to identify analytics benefits.
Identify opportunities to improve models and help the business.
Candidate should be comfortable with working with data, numbers & spread-sheets and should be able to trouble-shoot programme codes
Effectively communicate results and methodologies. Transform results to actionable reports, targeting algorithms, and personalization rules.
Expand the ability for the business to interact with its customers more relevantly through complex personalization techniques.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Clear understanding of statistical concepts
- Hands-on experience in at least 1 project in these areas: Segmentation / Clustering / Response model / Recommendation Systems
- Conversant with use of R/Python language in context of data preparation for statistical analyses
- Good grasp of data query languages like SQL
- Exposure to at least one of these dB software: Oracle / MS SQL / MySQL
- Advanced skills in MS Office - especially Excel & PowerPoint
We are expecting the candidate to be from any one of the following academic background. However, the academic background can be disregarded if the candidate is able to demonstrate that he / she possesses the relevant skill-set for this opening:
- Master's degree in Statistics or Social Sciences (e.g.: Economics, Applied Economics, Econometrics)
- Master's degree or Post-graduate Diploma in Business Administration with any undergraduate degree
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g.: Engineering, IT, Computer Applications)
- For candidates with an undergraduate degree in commerce or liberal arts or physical sciences or applied sciences, Post-graduate Diploma or Master's degree in Business Administration is mandatory
Industry Experience (post last academic degree):
The candidate is likely to be from an industry that deals with retail customers directly or indirectly i.e. a company which operates in a B2C environment. He / she is likely to be from any of the following industries:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar profile with a loyalty marketing services company or in the loyalty function of an Airline or a B2C Retail firm
- At least 2 years of experience in a related profile with a service provider in the Analytics / Analytics Consulting industry
- At least 2 years of experience in a related profile (in Analytics, Decision Support / Decision Management function) with a retail bank or a credit card issuer or a mobile telecom services company
- At least 2 years of experience in a related profile (in Analytics, Decision Support / Decision Management function) in a captive KPO like environment
- Mumbai based candidate preferred but not mandatory
- Further communication would be made for shortlisted candidates only
- In case of a tie based on objective parameters, female candidate would be given preference
Does Not Matter
13 Lakhs to 17 Lakhs
3 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs