Job Description and Responsibilities
About Analytics Vidhya
Analytics Vidhya is India's largest and the world's second largest data science community. Our mission is to create the next generation data science ecosystem in India and get every data scientist in the world to our portal for learning, sharing knowledge, competing and getting the best jobs available in the market.
We have more than 150,000 registered users to our blog and newsletter and more than 2.0 million monthly visits on our portal. People engage on Analytics Vidhya to learn from thought leaders and industry experts, participate in hiring, branding & problem solving/crowd sourcing hackathons on our Global DataHack Platform (https://datahack.analyticsvidhya.com/contest/all/) in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Data Mining and Advanced Analytics, and also engage in discussions to share ideas and solve data related business problems for organisations.
Over the past 2 years we have engaged in more than 60 hackathons with some of the leading global companies in the world & in India.
About the Internship
This internship is for the position of Data Science Intern and the day to day responsibilities would include working on either or all of the following
- Work alongside team on real life Industry Projects which require a mix of coding, Machine Learning/Deep Learning concepts etc.
- Democratize Data Science knowledge by creating awesome content on cutting edge of ML/DL technologies and share the learning with the community in the form of Analytics Vidhya's Blog Post
- Understanding Open Ended Business Problems, converting them to Data Problems to be launched as Hackathons.
During the entire ride, you will work on
- Procuring data from various sources or methods such as Web Scraping, SQL tables etc.
- Data Cleaning and Exploration to root out anomalies(except if intended.)
- Creating Benchmark Machine Learning and Deep Learning models.
- Overseeing the successful completion of Hackathon by assisting in moderating as well as guiding participants.
Number of Internships: 4
- Basic knowledge of Python and familiarity with the Data Science stack such as Pandas, Numpy.
- Basic familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms such as Linear Regression, Logistic Regression and Decision Trees.
- Structured Thinking - Ability to break tougher problems into small simpler problems and work the way up.
- Passionate about learning and teaching in General.
Who can Apply?
- People looking for 6 months on-site Internship.
- Participation in Analytics Vidhya's or other Portal's Machine Learning Competitions is a bonus.
- Deep passion for learning Data Science.
- Quick Learner and mathematical aptitude.
- Prior Knowledge of Statistics, Probability and Linear Algebra is a bonus.
- Good Communication skill is a bonus.
- Flexible work hours.
- Informal dress code.
- Snacks on the house.
Tier 1 : Entire Education
As per Industry Standards
Skills hiring for
Numpy + Scipy
Locations hiring at