[su_tab title = “Description”]
Writing map/reduce programs to analyze your Big Data can get complex. Hive can help make querying your data much easier. Apache Hive, first created at Facebook, is a data warehouse system for Hadoop that facilitates easy data summarization, ad-hoc queries, and the analysis of large datasets stored in Hadoop compatible file systems. Hive provides a mechanism to project structure onto this data and query the data using a SQL-like language called HiveQL This course will teach you how to get started with Hive 0.12 using IBM BigInsights 2.1.2.
[su_tab title = “Program Structure”]
- Understand what Apache Hive is, the Hive architecture, and Hive use cases.
- Make basic configuration changes in a Hive installation.
- Use DDL to create new Hive databases and tables with a variety of different data types.
- Create partitioned tables that are optimized for hadoop.
- Create and run a variety of useful DML queries against Hive.
- Use built in Hive operators and functions to get work done.
- Create your own user defined functions in Hive.
- Use a variety of different file formats and records formats with Hive.
Fees: – Free
Part Time/Full Time:
[su_tab title = “Eligibility”]
- Basic understanding of Apache Hadoop and BigData.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Basic Linux Operating System knowledge.
[su_tab title =”Tools”]
- Apache Hadoop
[su_tab title = “Contact”]