The Apache Cassandra course at Edureka starts with the fundamental concepts of using a highly-scalable, column-oriented database to implement appropriate use cases. It will cover topics like Cassandra Datamodels,Cassandra Architecture, Differences between RDBMS and Cassandra to name a few. There will be many challenging, practical and focused hands-on exercises for the learners during this course.
Who should go for this course?
- A developer working with large-scale, high-volume websites.
- An application architect or data architect who needs to understand the available options for high-performance, decentralized, elastic data stores
- A database administrator or database developer currently working with standard relational database systems who needs to understand how to implement a fault-tolerant, eventually consistent data store
- A manager who wants to understand the advantages (and disadvantages) of Cassandra and related columnar databases to help make decisions about technology strategy
- A student, analyst, or researcher who is designing a project related to Cassandra or other non-relational data store options.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of Apache Cassandra or any other NoSQL database. Though some familiarity with Linux command line is essential, minimal exposure to Java,database or data-warehouse concepts is required.
Apache Cassandra™, an Apache Software Foundation project, is an open-source NoSQL distributed database management system. Apache Cassandra was originally developed at Facebook, and is used by many companies today. While many developers have embraced simpler NoSQL variants (like MongoDB and CouchDB), Cassandra is possibly at the forefront of the NoSQL innovation, providing a level of reliability and fine tuning not found in many of the competitors’ offerings. When it comes to scaling, nothing scales like it, the biggest example being the Facebook which uses Cassandra for storing petabytes of Data.
Online classes: 24 Hours
Lab Hours: 30 Hours
Project: 20 Hours
Part Time/ Full Time: Part Time