In this course you are introduced to the discipline of statistics as a science of understanding and analyzing data. You will learn how to effectively make use of data in the face of uncertainty: how to collect data, how to analyze data, and how to use data to make inferences and conclusions about real world phenomena.
- Lab 0 – Introduction to R
- Lab 1 – Introduction to data
- Lab 2 – Probability
- Lab 3A – Foundations for inference: Sampling distributions
- Lab 3B – Foundations for inference: Confidence intervals
- Lab 4 – Inference for numerical data
- Lab 5 – Inference for categorical data
- Lab 6 – Introduction to linear regression
- Lab 7 – Multiple linear regression
- No formal background is required for this course, but some basic mathematical skills will come in handy. A genuine interest in data analysis is a plus!
- Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel (Duke University)