The goals of this course are as follows:
- Recognize the importance of data collection, identify limitations in data collection methods, and determine how they affect the scope of inference.
- Use statistical software (R) to summarize data numerically and visually, and to perform data analysis.
- Have a conceptual understanding of the unified nature of statistical inference.
- Model and investigate relationships between two or more variables within a regression framework.
- Interpret results correctly, effectively, and in context without relying on statistical jargon..
- Complete a research project that employs simple statistical inference and modeling techniques.
8-10 hours per week
Part Time/Fulltime: – Part Time
Course start date – Contact Institute
Basic math, no programming experience required.
Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel: – Duke University