[su_tab title = “Description”]
In this online course, “Interactive Data Visualization,” you will learn about the interactive exploration of data, and how it is achieved using state-of-the-art data visualization software. Participants will learn to explore a range of different data types and structures. They will learn about various interactive techniques for manipulating and examining the data and producing effective visualizations.
[su_tab title = “Program Structure”]
The course is very hands-on in terms of the learning process. Participants will be guided through an exploration of quantitative business data to discern meaningful patterns, trends, relationships, and exceptions that reveal business performance, potential problems and opportunities.
- Information visualization characterization and history
- Elements of visual perception
- Software introduction and data preparation (merging data, getting started, export)
- Interaction techniques
- Distribution analysis
- Hands-on visual exploration of business data
- Time Series
- Multivariate views (scatter plots, parallel coordinate plots, trellising)
- Tree maps for hierarchical data
- Specialized visualizations
- Video demonstrations of novel techniques
- From visualization to visual analytics
June 12, 2015 to July 10, 2015
15 hours per week, at time of your choosing.
INR 32,940 (assuming $ = INR 60)
Full Time/Part time:
[su_tab title = “Eligibility”]
Statistical analysts and data miners who need to explore and graph multivariate data, either to form impressions of the data or as a preliminary step to performing statistical tests or building models.
[su_tab title = “Tools”]
- R Language
[su_tab title = “Faculty”]
- Dr. Galit Shmueli
[su_tab title = “Contact”]