The Apache Hadoop® project develops open-source software for reliable, scalable, distributed computing. Learn the fundamental principles behind it, and how you can use its power to make sense of your Big Data.
Why Take This Course?
- How Hadoop fits into the world (recognize the problems it solves)
- Understand the concepts of HDFS and MapReduce (find out how it solves the problems)
- Write MapReduce programs (see how we solve the problems)
- Practice solving problems on your own
- What is “Big Data”? The dimensions of Big Data. Scaling problems. HDFS and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- The basics of HDFS, MapReduce and Hadoop cluster.
- Writing MapReduce programs to answer questions about data.
- MapReduce design patterns.
- Use MapReduce to reveal surprising trends in Udacity forum data.
Assumes 6 Hour/week (Work at your own pace)
Fees: – INR 11,940/Month (assuming $ = INR 60)
Part Time/ Full time:
- Technical prerequisites and is a good overview of Hadoop and MapReduce for managers.
- To get the most out of the class, however, you need basic programming skills in Python on a level provided by introductory courses like our Introduction to Computer Science course.
- To learn more about Hadoop, you can also check out the book Hadoop: The Definitive Guide.
- Sarah Sproehnle
- Ian Wrigley
- Gundega Dekena
- Program Structure