[su_tab title = “Description”]
This course provides an overview of Jaql. It describes the JSON data format and does a simple comparison between Jaql, Pig and Hive. The second lesson starts to build a foundation for the Jaql language. After setting a foundation, next the Jaql core operators are introduced. Then there is a simple review of MapReduce and how this applies to Jaql. This is followed by showing how SQL can be used as Jaql operators. And finally, the input/output capabilities of Jaql are covered.
[su_tab title = “Program Structure”]
- Jaql Overview
- Jaql Language Basics
- Jaql Core Operators
- Jaql SQL Support
- Jaql and MapReduce
- Jaql Input and Output
[su_tab title = “Eligibility”]
- Hadoop Fundamentals I Version 2
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- Basic knowledge of operating systems (UNIX/Linux)
- General Programming skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
- The minimum passing mark for the course is 60%, where the final test is worth 100% of the course mark.
- You have 3 attempts to take the test.
[su_tab title =”Tools”]
[su_tab title = “Faculty”]
- Glen Mules, Warren Pettit
[su_tab title = “Contact”]