This online course, is the first of a 3-course sequence, that provides an introduction to statistics for those with little or no prior exposure to basic probability and statistics. Its simulation/resampling approach (drawing numbers or data from a hat) demystifies the traditional formulas, demonstrating the fundamental basis for statistical inference.
Topics covered include probability, the Normal distribution, hypothesis testing, independence, conditional probability, Bayes Rule, 2-way tables, random sampling, and confidence intervals. Once you have completed this course you will be able to apply statistically valid designs to basic studies, and test hypotheses regarding proportions and means.
- Week 1: Study Design, Statistical Significance
- Week 2: Categorical Data, Contingency Tables
- Week 3: More Probability, Random Sampling, The Bootstrap
- Week 4: Confidence Intervals
July 01, 2016 to July 29, 2016
About 15 hours per week, at times of your choosing.
INR 26,940 (assuming $ = INR 60)
Part Time/Full Time:
- With no prior statistical background,
- who encounters statistics in their work, or
- Who needs introductory statistics for further study?
The only mathematics you need is arithmetic
- Box Sampler
- Resampling Stats for Excel