In education, the use of data and analytics to improve learning is referred to as learning analytics. Analytics have not yet made the impact on education that they have made in other fields. That’s starting to change. Software companies, researchers, educators, and university leaders recognize the value of data in improving not only teaching and learning, but the entire education sector
You will learn:
- Tools and methods, what skills data scientists need in education, and how to protect student privacy and other rights.
- The logic of analytics, the basics of finding, cleaning, and using educational data
- Predictive models, text analysis, and activity graphs and social networks.
- Use of analytics in data domains such as log files and text data.
- Tableau Software is partnering with University of Texas Arlington to provide analytics software to course participants as well as technical support and guest lectures.
- Additional software will be introduced and discussed throughout the course.
5 hours per week
Starts July 7, 2015
Fees: – Free
- George Siemens
- Carolyn Rosé
- Dragan Gasevic
- Ryan Baker
Additional Analytics tools will be introduced during the course