The employment potential in Data Analytics and Big Data comes in the form of the very highly skilled jobs for data analysts/data scientist’s proficient in areas such as mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering and management science and with the associated IT skills required to mine and analyze the data concerned. Along with the demand for big data, better data, and the need for greater insight into organizations operations comes the need for analytic professionals who can effectively leverage this data to maximize business benefits.
Given this need, SVKM’s NMIMS, School of Science, Mumbai in association with SAS Institute India has amalgamated to offer a Certificate Program in Business Analytics comprising of:
- Statistical Concepts using Case Studies Training on Predictive Modelling using Enterprise
- Guide and Enterprise Miner.
In business, predictive models exploit patterns found in historical and transactional data to identify risks and opportunities. Models capture relationships among many factors to allow assessment of risk or potential associated with a particular set of conditions, guiding decision making for candidate transactions. Thus, School of Science, NMIMS with SAS offers this statistical programme to train the future “data analysts/data scientist’s” so as to propel India’s leap in Analytics.
- Applicants should have Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent and a minimum of two years full-time post qualification work experience as on 1st April 2014.
- For applicants with 0 – 2 years of industry experience, preference will be given to the applicants with graduation in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics , Statistics and Management
- For applicants with exceptional qualification and/or industry experience, a relaxation in the minimum eligibility criteria may be considered.
- Also, executives working in the domain of Business Analytics are especially encouraged to apply.
Duration: 6 days
Part time/ Full time: Full time
Dates of the Programmer:
1st December 2014 – 6th December 2014
Application Fees: Rs. 10,000
- Fee includes tuition fee, course material and food for the duration. Final fee payments are non-refundable.
- Payment of fees to be paid by demand draft drawn in favor of ‘SVKM’s NMIMS’ payable at Mumbai.
- Application fees will be refunded to those who haven’t been selected for the programme by 90 working days.