[su_tab title = “Description”]
The program consists of ten courses and a project. These courses are divided in two semesters. There are eight core courses and two elective courses. A wide range of electives will be offered to best suited the choice and interest of a student. The appropriate training and usage of SPSS Statistics and SAS Enterprise Miner will be part of the course contents and course structure. The customer-based industrial project will help in broadening and in-depth understanding of the theoretical concepts, and use a practical approach to solve a real-life complex problem. In certain courses, case-based teaching will be adopted.
[su_tab title = “Eligibility”]
- The applicants should have either a four-year undergraduate degree in engineering/ mathematics/ statistics/ physics/ economics/ commerce or a Masters degree in mathematics/ physics/ statistics/ economics/ commerce, or a three-year undergraduate degree in mathematics/ statistics/ physics/ economics/ commerce plus two or more years of relevant industrial experience.
- The applicants for executive education are expected to have at least five years of work experience.
- The minimum eligibility criteria can be waived for exceptionally qualified profiles.
[su_tab title = “Program Structure”]
- Under special circumstances the last date for acceptance of applications for M.Sc. (Data Analytics) and P.G. Diploma in Business and Data Analytics has been extended till 24 July 2015. The admission test + interview will be conducted on 27 July 2015.
- Completion of admission formalities: 31 July 2015 (Friday)
- Start of session according to University calendar: 3 August 2015 (Monday)
Fee Structure 2015-16
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Tuition and Special Fee||1,87,500||1,87,500||3,75,000|
|Student Activity Fee||1,000||1,000|
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|P.G. Diploma (Data and Business Analytics)||93,750||93,750||1,87,500|
Overall Cost for One Year
|Tuition and Special Fee||3,75,000|
|Living and Administrative Expenses||91,000|
|Amount Payable by a Student over One Year||2,78,500|
|Pay-out for a student over one year||3,03,500|
Mess and Laundry Charges: Use of mess and laundry services from the University authorized resident vendor is mandatory for all resident students. These charges are collected by the University at the beginning of every semester and paid to the vendor as a pass through. These charges may vary from year to year based on inflation and the decision of the relevant student body and Dean of Student Welfare.
|(in ₹)||Year 1||Total|
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
- Admission Fee: Non-refundable amount payable one time at the time of admission in 1st year.
- Tuition Fee: Payable annually at the start of every academic year and is different for different programs.
- Special Fee: Payable annually at the start of every academic year and includes cost of maintenance & development, laboratory, examination, library and computers, etc.
- Hostel Accommodation Fee: Payable annually at the start of every academic year. SNU is a fully residential University. Every full-time student of University is entitled to an appropriate residential accommodation. Every degree program has an associated hostel room type allocation published at the time of admission.
- Student Activity Fund: Student Activity Fund is a recurring annual charge paid towards common student welfare activities at the start of every academic year.
- Mess charges: Payable at the start of every semester. The University collects these as pass-through charges to the service provider.
- Laundry charges: Payable at the start of every semester. The University collects these as pass-through charges to the service provider.
- Security Deposit: This is an interest-free one-time deposit, which is refundable at the time of leaving the University. Any fees due, damage or loss done to the University are liable to be adjusted from the Security Deposit of respective student.
Part time/Full time:
[su_tab title = “Faculty”]
- Rupamanjari Ghosh, Director, School of Natural Sciences, SNU
- Santosh Singh, Head, Big Data Analytics Center (BDAC), SNU
- Professor S. K. Neogy, Department of Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research, ISI – Delhi
- Professor Neeraj Misra, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, IIT – Kanpur
- Professor Niladri Chatterjee, Department of Mathematics, IIT – Delhi
- Ljubisa Goganovic, Siemens Information Systems – Bangalore
- Abhijit Kulkarni, SAS – Pune
- Narendra Dureja, HCL – Noida
- Santosh Singh, Department of Mathematics, SoNS, SNU
- Krishnan Rajkumar, Department of Mathematics, SoNS, SNU
- Abhishek Ranjan, Department of Mathematics, SoNS, SNU
- V. Jayaraman, Center for Informatics, SoNS, SNU
- Partha Chatterjee, Department of Economics, SoHSS, SNU
- Saptarshi P. Ghosh, Department of Economics, SoHSS, SNU
[su_tab title = “Tools”]
[su_tab title = “Contact”]