An introduction to basic statistical concepts and R programming skills necessary for analyzing data in the life sciences.
- We will learn the basics of statistical inference in order to understand and compute p-values and confidence intervals.
- We will provide examples by programming in R in a way that will help make the connection between concepts and implementation. Problems sets requiring R programming will be used to test understanding and ability to implement basic data analyses.
- We will use visualization techniques to explore new data sets and determine the most appropriate approach.
- We will describe robust statistical techniques as alternative when data do not fit assumptions required by the standard approaches.
- We will also introduce the basics of using R scripts to conduct reproducible research.
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Non-parametric statistics
19 January 2015;
Registration open through 27 April 2015
6 hours / week
Part time/Full time
- Knowledge about basic programming,
- Basic math.
- Rafael Irizarry
- Michael Love