Do you like working with petabytes of data, and bringing data together from multiple systems to answer critical business questions and drive change? Then, this job is for you.
Designation – Data Engineer
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Amazon
Hundreds of millions of customers, billions of transactions, petabytes of data… How to use the world’s richest collection of e-commerce and device usage data to acquire new customers, target existing customers, and predict customer behavior? Amazon’s Consumer Marketing Analytics team seeks a Data Engineer to lead the Marketing Attribution team that is at the forefront of large scale, algorithmically driven foundation for marketing attribution. You will build data analytical solutions that will address increasingly complex business questions.
We are a high-energy and innovative group that drives hundreds of millions of dollars in sales on Amazon.com. Our goal is to bring customers to the Amazon web site and provide them with the very best experience. We also deliver business intelligence solutions on profitability, cash flow, margin and operational performance to a diverse community of internal customers.
Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. This team provides a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
As a Data Engineer you will be working in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge data sets and be someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets.
You should be expert at implementing and operating stable, scalable data flow solutions from production systems into end-user facing applications/reports. These solutions will be fault tolerant, self-healing and adaptive.
You will be working on developing solutions that provide some of the unique challenges of space, size and speed. You will implement data analytics using cutting edge analytics patterns and technologies that are inclusive of but not limited to Star Schema and Hive. You will extract huge volumes of data from various sources and message streams and construct complex analyses. You will write scalable queries and tune performance on queries running over billion of rows of data. You will implement data flow solutions that process data real time on message streams from source systems.
You should be detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. You should work in a self-directed environment, own tasks and drive them to completion.
You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You own customer relationship about data and execute tasks that are manifestations of such ownership, like ensuring high data availability, low latency, documenting data details and transformations and handling user notifications and training.
Your teams will work with distributed machine learning and statistical algorithms upon a large Hadoop cluster to harness enormous volumes of online data at scale to serve our customers.
Qualification and Skills Required:
We are looking for Data Engineer who has a passion for their customers and a passion for working with data. You like working with your customers, understanding their challenges, and partnering with them to invent great solutions. You like working with large data sets, and bringing data together from multiple systems to answer critical business questions and drive change. You are analytical and creative. You should also have the following skills or experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ years developing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions: data modeling, ETL and reporting
- Between 6 and 8 years’ experience in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of star schema, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
- Practical Knowledge of java scripting or java
- Experience in working with business customers to drive requirements analysis
- Have analytical skills and be creative
- Experience with Big Data solutions: Hadoop, Hive or other frameworks
- Exposure to large databases, BI applications, data quality and performance tuning
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Expert in Oracle and SQL
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.
- Experience with web technology to develop dashboards.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with Senior Management on addressing their reporting and metrics requirements.
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.