If you are someone with fundamental research, writing and analysis skills with an aptitude to sell, along with a keen interest in the medical devices market, then this is the job you would have been waiting for.
Designation – Analyst, Medical Devices & Healthcare IT
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – IHS
The Analyst, Medical Devices & Healthcare IT, will collect and analyze market research information from a variety of sources and produce evidence based market research reports to enable informed customer/client decision making. The Analyst will also hold responsibility for marketing and selling the market research reports. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with fundamental research, writing and analysis skills and the aptitude to sell – we will train the right person on the job responsibilities below.
- Create report/project scope and proposal document: Call customers to discuss their requirements. Consider common themes/requirements & decide what to include/exclude. Produce proposal document
- Pre-sales/marketing: Identify leading suppliers in the market and contacts within these companies. Send proposal document to potential clients. Follow up calls to assess interest and close ‘early purchasers’. Amend proposal document if necessary
- Plan the project: Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data. Produce detailed project plan. Finalize report scope
- Conduct research: Conduct in-person and phone interviews and write up findings. Develop and issue supplier questionnaire. Collate secondary research. Monitor industry statistics & trends in trade literature
- Analyze data and prepare report: Assemble, structure & analyze all data collected. Produce base year data and forecasts. Make estimates where data missing or incomplete. Highlight key findings and trends in written text. Illustrate key data graphically
- Market & sell report: Prepare sales brochure and send to targeted list of prospects. Telephone potential customers. Contact key prospects and close sales. Prepare press releases. Interface with editors to ensure press coverage. Speak at conferences/visit customers/attend trade shows to promote report
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Our ideal candidate will ideally have a good degree in a medical related science, however applications will be considered from graduates with a good business/science degree with a proven interest in the medical field
- Some experience working in an office environment highly desirable
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful
- Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers
- The applicant will preferably have some experience or a keen interest in the medical devices market
- Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position
- This position will require some international travel. Some travel may also occur outside of normal working hours
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.