Unveiling Analytics Vidhya Apprentice – a programme to graduate with recognition for your knowledge!
It has been more than a year since we started our journey to change how Analytics knowledge flows in communities. The experience has been rewarding, fulfilling, gratifying and filled with a lot of learning at the same time. In this short span, we have become one of the leading analytics blogs (in India) and have started transforming Analytics Vidhya into a knowledge portal.
Today, we unveil, a very special programme, Analytics Vidhya Apprenticeship (AV Apprenticeship) or the Data Science Apprenticeship, to take a leap forward in this direction.
The genesis of this programme lies in the numerous interactions, we have had with people across the globe in last one year. What stands out in these discussions, is the talent and recognition imbalance in the industry. Whether it is an experienced analyst (read lone warrior), trying to influence his customers or management about the benefits of investing in cutting edge infrastructure, or some one who has just graduated from one of the various certifications across the globe, recognition of your knowledge does not come easy.
Through this programme, we are set to change this forever (at least for a few people).
The Analytics Vidhya team will extend it’s learnings to a small batch of professionals, and mentor them to achieve great heights in their analytics career. For 6 months, these people will work along with the team, and gain practical knowledge about the subject. Some potential areas of work are:
- Blogging – We train you on what it takes to become a successful storyteller / writer. Your high quality output gets published on our platform under your name and stays there even after the programmel (However, the content will come under the Analytics Vidhya Copyright)
- Interactions / advice people on social platforms – You solve peoples’ queries and give them specific advice on various forums – be it Quora / Stackoverflow / Github / Kaggle
- Active participation on Analytics Vidhya forums – It could be from starting discussions to answering people on specific subject matter.
- Participate in data science competitions – You participate in various data science competitions and get mentored by the Analytics Vidhya team
- Interact with people in industry – Conduct interviews with Industry leaders
- Consultancy projects – Work on actual live problems to gain knowledge
- Conducting guest lectures on behalf of Analytics Vidhya
- Solve case studies
What do you gain from this programme?
Loads…starting from interactions with several like minded people, to interviewing experts from the Industry, to solving real life problems – you learn from every exercise. Your knowledge is showcased to all the readers on our platform, and hence you see the recognition coming accordingly.
The idea is, to create a unique programme, which focuses on implementing & showcasing your knowledge practically.
What do I need to pay for this awesome opportunity?
Well…nothing financially. You need to put in a lot of effort to go through this rigorous program. We will get the content and any financial rewards that come in from the work we do together.
However, in order to make sure that we only get serious candidates for the programme, we have introduced a very nominal deposit, which is INR 6000/- (~$100). The entire amount would be refunded to you, the day you pass out of the programme. In case you don’t finish the programme, this deposit would be treated as a compensation for our efforts (and hence will not be refunded).
You will need to clear a tough, multi-stage selection process to enter the programme. Following that, there will be a 6 month long rigorous apprenticeship.
P.S. – You only get the certificate post completion of programme. There are no marks for participating.
Stage 1: Complete the application on Analytics Vidhya website by 25th June 2014. This application includes several essays about your experience and the your reasons to join the programme. Next stages of selection would start as soon as you fill in the application and seats will be provided on first come, first serve basis. So don’t wait – go and fill in the application.
Your application will be selected / rejected basis your knowledge, passion and your essays. So, please fill them accordingly.
You will get more information about upcoming rounds after you register for stage 1.
P.S. At this stage, you don’t need to make any payment. We will collect this at a later stage.
Few other details:
- This is not a traditional programme, but a practical hands on programme in Analytics. Do not expect class room sessions. Do expect a lot of analytics related discussions.
- The onus to learn lies with you. If you need to learn any technical stuff, your mentor will direct you to the right place, but it is you, who needs to learn
- Expect a lot of feedback and guidance on your work, be it on a blog post or a data science project.
- It will be expected of you, to spend at least 4 hours every week as part of the programme.
We are very excited to launch this programme, and can’t wait to interact with you participants. Do let us know your thoughts / feedback / suggestions on this programme. If you need more details, feel free to write to me about it.
Leave a Reply Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *