- Auto Ads uses machine learning to place advertisements
- All publisher’s need to do is place a single piece of code on their site. Google’s AI does the rest
- The beta launch saw an average of 10% increase in revenue
Google continues to flex it’s AI muscles. This time, their focus is on the advertising industry with the launch of AdSense Auto Ads.
Using machine learning, Auto Ads is a concept of making “smart” placements and monetization decision on your behalf. All you need to do to leverage this technology is place a piece of code on all your site’s pages. After that, Google takes care of the rest.
Auto ads analyses your site’s pages, finds potential ad placement opportunities, and shows new ads when they have the maximum chance of performing well.
According to the official blog post by Google, a few benefits of Auto Ads are:
- Optimization: Using machine learning, Auto ads show ads only when they are likely to perform well and provide a good user experience.
- Revenue opportunities: Auto ads will identify any available ad space and place new ads there, potentially increasing your revenue.
- Easy to use: With Auto ads you only need to place the ad code on your pages once. When you’re ready to use new features and ad formats, simply turn them on and off with the flick of a switch — there’s no need to change the code again.
Our take on this
Google’s machine learning arm continues to stretch it’s reach into diverse fields. It’s fascinating to think the amount of data that must have gone into creating this technology. Google continues to guard it’s secrets close to it’s chest so we might never get an official figure from them.
This latest updated from them has been met with cautious optimism in the industry. Given the power Google has over the internet, this will represent a major landscape change in advertising.
However, given the amount of fake news and negative publicity happening around the web, publishers are not too keen on handing over control entirely to Google. It would be helpful if Google published a demo video of how this will look once put into practice.
Subscribe to AVBytes here to get regular data science, machine learning and AI updates in your inbox!
You can also read this article on our Mobile APP