This past week saw updates on major libraries and tools that heavily focused on saving time for data scientists. Tableau Prep was launched which makes data cleaning a breeze, the latest version of R focuses on speed improvements and PyTorch has added Windows support.. We covered each of these in AVBytes.
Apart from these updates, DeepCode was released to the general public – a tool that scans and finds bugs and improvements in your code, NVIDIA’s deep learning model was open sourced that completes the missing parts in images, and other significant happenings took place in the data science and machine learning community.
Scroll down to view all the articles from last week. Also, Subscribe here to get AVBytes delivered directly to your inbox daily!
Below is a round-up of all the happenings in the last week. Click on each title to read the full article.
- R 3.5.0 has been Released! This is a Major Update You Should Not Miss: The latest R version has been launched and it’s a major release! The first thing you’ll notice is how quick your code runs (it ran 3 times faster for us). Get the latest update and tell us your experience using it.
- Tableau Prep – Redefine Data Cleaning with Tableau: Now perform data cleaning in Tableau! Tableau Prep lets you visually deal with dirty data – one-click and drag-and-drop function at a time! It’s a must have for anyone who does data visualization.
- Swift for TensorFlow is now Open Sourced on GitHub: The code, along with design docs, for Swift for TensorFlow is now available on GitHub! All the details and the code link available here.
- PyTorch 0.4.0 Released with Windows Support!: Windows users – PyTorch is now officially available for you! Upgrade to the latest version (v0.4.0), which contains many other new additions, including 24 probability distributions and C++ extensions. Which feature are you most looking forward to using?
- NVIDIA’s DL Model can Complete the Missing Parts in a Photo with Incredible Results: Image software tools a thing of the past? An amazing research from NVIDIA – their deep learning model can fill in the missing parts of an incomplete image with incredibly realistic results. Check out the video and research paper link inside.
- Swiftapply – A Python Package for Efficient and Superfast use of Pandas ‘apply’ Function: Looking for a way to make pandas compile faster? Swiftapply is a python package for making your pandas ‘apply’ operation faster and more efficient!
The above AVBytes were published from 23rd to 29th April, 2018.
I love the Tableau Prep product! I have recently used it and it is a breeze how easy data cleaning has become. And the ease with which it integrates with Tableau makes it a complete MUST HAVE for data visualization tasks.
There were so many new updates and releases last week! What excited you the most?
Subscribe here to get daily AVBytes in your inbox!