Data Scientist – Directi, Mumbai (3 – 5 Years of Experience)
Can you identify the intent of a user viewing a webpage and then display relevant advertisements using Analytical techniques? Do you have strong background in Computer science or related field and hands on experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning? This might be the job you might be looking for.
Designation – Data Scientist
Location – Mumbai
About employer – Directi
- Media.net, Directi’s Internet Advertising Division, is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space. We build technology that identifies the intent of a user viewing a webpage and then shows advertisements related to what the user is looking for. We use Machine Learning, Data Mining, Linguistic Analysis and Advanced Statistics to build contextual models to understand pages on the internet
- We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of terabytes of data
- This team is responsible for building systems that include massive database infrastructure, relevance algorithms, ad delivery engines, data mining systems, web user interfaces etc. The problem space encompasses some of the most comprehensive problems in Computer Science (Machine Learning, Data Mining, BI, Large Scale Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence); Mathematics; Economics & Business (Auction Theory, Behavioural Targeting).
- The team’s goal’s is to build algorithms to map the user’s intent with the content of the ads that are shown. The team is directly responsible for increasing company revenues
- On one side this is done by using Natural language Processing & Information retrieval techniques to find out what is the given page talking about. Commercial topics, categories etc from the contents of the webpage as well as the site are extracted and used to deliver the most relevant ads
- On the other side feedback from user actions are coupled with sophisticated statistical and Machine learning techniques to improve quality of ads over time. Aggregations are analyzed by systems over url, domain, category and topic of page to be able to better predict what is likely to do well for a given impression
- Another of the upcoming charters of the team is to show better ads using behavioural targeting based on specific interests of that user on a general web page
- Working with engineering teams to co-develop a research agenda and evaluation metrics; Establishing priorities and the tactical plan for implementing this strategy;
- Using research and software skills to implement a prototype and report quantitative performance metrics;
- Working with engineering teams to productize the prototype; Participate in and contribute to technical discussions
- You will have strong theory/algorithm background and very good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real problems.
- You will also have the ability to effectively create research agendas and communicate innovations to the rest of the organization.
- Utilize advanced data mining and machine learning to personalize the user experience, increase user engagement and improve core business metrics
Qualification and Skills Required:
- P.Hd or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Mathematics, Operations Research or related field
- Experience in research, data analysis, Information technology or related field
- Solid Research acumen
- Go to person/ SME within the team to build Machine Learning and allied sciences COE.
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.