Designation – Sr SAS Programmer
Location – Chennai
About employer– Icon
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. As a Sr. SAS Programmer you will assist US or EU statistical programming team by developing SAS programs for analysis datasets, listings and safety summary tables; provides project tracking information to the team, address any validation comments and documents programming activities; works on more advanced, complex SAS requirements, across multiple studies, and acts as a subject matter expert within the Indian SAS programming team; mentors and helps train other team members from juniors to SAS Programmer II
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON’s values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- As an experienced staff member, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Travel (approximately 0%) domestic and/or international
- Works effectively on multiple projects delivering quality output in a timely fashion
- Programs analysis datasets, listings and tables without supervision and offers advice to others within team
- Able to work on complex programming assignments and share knowledge appropriately
- Plans ahead, performs early review of all assigned project work – escalates any issues
- Is responsible to ensure that all output with a project is accurate and has consistent appearance
- Creates and maintains study documentation and files according to departmental policy
- Maintains professional currency through literature reviews and membership to professional bodies
- Identifies training needs within SAS team and puts in place specific initiatives to helps Indian staff to develop their skills
- Attends project team meetings, as required, and looks for opportunities to improve programming process across projects.
- Uses technical skills to bring forward better methodologies and approaches to coding. Leads process and programming improvement through broader knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works as a mentor for programmers across the organization
Qualification and Skills Required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, in a quantitative or scientific discipline, or local equivalent
- Substantial experience in SAS Programming, or equivalent, preferably in the Clinical Domain.
- Proven ability to produce report quality tables graphs and data listings without direct supervision
- Proven ability to drive process improvements within area of expertise
- Understanding of data structures within the Clinical Domain as well as a solid understanding of the development and use of standard programs
- Advanced problem solving skills, attention to detail, good verbal and written
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to transfer own knowledge to others and help them improve
- Advanced SAS certification
Interested people can apply for this job at this PAGE