Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are making an impact on a daily basis. I don’t remember when was the last time a day went by without hearing news about a new product / service coming out using application of data science and machine learning.
This obviously is very exciting as a data science professional, but it is also difficult to track these developments on a regular basis. This is why we started AVBytes for our community members. Using AVBytes, you can keep yourself updated with latest developments and applications of AI & ML.
Some of the exciting developments last week includes Google Brain’s Image Manipulation Algorithm Fooling Humans and Machines, Stanford is Using Machine Learning on Satellite Images to Predict Poverty and AI Beats Human Lawyers
Check out the detailed coverage and the articles below. Also, Subscribe here to get AVBytes in your inbox directly!
Below is a round-up of all the happenings in the last week. Click on each title to read the full article.
- Google Brain’s Image Manipulation Algorithm Fools Both Humans and Machines: Time to be concerned? This algorithm by Google Brain managed to fool 10 out of 10 neural networks! Researchers have developed an algorithm that manipulates images in such a way that fools both humans and machines.
- SketchAR Application Predicts What you’re Trying to Draw, using Computer Vision: The SketchAR team has developed an application that uses machine learning to help you realise your dream of becoming an artist. All you have to do, is draw a rough figure of the picture and blindly follow the instructions. Check out the video and other details here.
- An AI was Trained to Play Q*Bert and it Broke All Records: AI has beaten and broken another game! The system, designed to find ways to beats Atari games, found a flaw in Q*Bert and racked up almost a million points. Check out the video and research paper here.
- Stanford is Using Machine Learning on Satellite Images to Predict Poverty: Researchers at Stanford have developed an algorithm that can predict poverty by using machine learning on satellite images. They’ve even made the R and python scripts available on GitHub for everyone. Details and links in the article.
- Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant Ranks Elite Machine Learning Tools: Here we compare Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant to last year’s version. It compares and ranks all the elite machine learning tools available for data scientists today.
- AI Beats Human Lawyers at Reading Contracts – by being 200 Times Faster!: An AI beat human lawyers in reading a contract by being 200 times faster than them! It also posted an accuracy of 94%. And it’s only getting better.
- Mind Reading Algorithm can Reconstruct Images based on our Brain Activity: This algorithm can tell who you’re thinking about! Researchers have developed a machine learning technique that analyses brain waves and reconstructs images.
- Mabl uses Machine Learning to Automate Functional Testing for Developers: Here is some awesome news for developers! Mabl is using machine learning to automate the entire functional testing process. The service runs on Google’s Cloud Platform and is currently available for free testing.
The above AVBytes were published from 26th February to 4th March, 2018.
What’s your take on these? What do you think of this new initiative? What would you want us to cover more as part of AVBytes? Let us know in the comments below.
Subscribe here to get daily AVBytes in your inbox!
You can also read this article on our Mobile APP