Two years back, on this very day (well…actually night), I posted first article on Analytics Vidhya. Little did I know, what was in store! The excitement about creating one of the best analytics & data science community has only grown exponentially. Analytics Vidhya moved from being a part time leisure blog to (more than) full time engagement for me.
In the last 2 years, we have created one of the world’s largest analytics community. This journey would not have been possible without the support of the following three groups (in no particular order):
- Our followers and readers
- Analytics Vidhya team
- Our family & friends
I wish to say my heart felt thanks to all three groups and many more involved in our journey. This journey thrives on the mutual eco-system of all 3 groups. Let me express my gratitude to each of them quickly:
Our followers and readers:
You are the source of energy driving this engine. It is that comment you write, that question you ask or that mail you drop, which keeps us going. Our readership has grown beyond the stage where we can name people individually. But every time we meet a reader, we can see the glow in their eyes. I am sure they can see it in our eyes as well.
So keep writing to us, talking to us and most importantly keep contributing to the knowledge creation through blogs and discussion portal. In order to hear more from you, here is a page we have created where you can leave your testimonials about Analytics Vidhya. The best testimonial wins an Amazon voucher and a few good ones win Analytics Vidhya merchandise.
Analytics Vidhya Team:
What can I say about this awesome team we are building! Be it those calls we make to each other at 2 o’ clock in the night or those ‘chai’ (tea) sessions we have – we just love working together. I want to thank the entire Analytics Vidhya team for making it the place it is. It is because of this them that we continue to dream and dream big.
And our families:
I think our families are the ones, who feel the heat more than we do. It is this support system which enables us to put in these extra long hours to make sure our readers get those awesome articles in their mailboxes. Thanks for being there for us and understanding our long and erratic work routines to keep this engine running.
Plan for the anniversary:
We have some exciting things lined up for the day and week to celebrate the anniversary. As usual, it would involve some data crunching and shouting! But most importantly, it involves a bunch of new things we plan to do:
- Super Saturdays: Going forward, we will keep a few hours every Saturday (12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) to talk to our readers for their career related queries. We did this last week and enjoyed it thoroughly. So, if you have any queries related to your career, feel free to reach out to us on [email protected] or on our telephone line.
- Whatsapp groups: For enabling further networking and access to more people, we are creating 4 kinds of whatsapp groups: AV Transitioners, AV Beginners, AV Rising Stars and AV Gurus. These whatsapp groups would be invite only groups. You can request your membership to these groups here. We will screen the people and approve the requests where there is a good fit. Here is a brief description about each of these groups:
- AV transitioners: This group is meant for people who are completely new to analytics. You know basic excel or have been in a MIS role. This group will help you make a transition into analytics.
- AV Beginners: Meant for people who are in early stages of their career in Analytics. You know the basics of at least one advanced tool – R / SAS and have been reading / researching about analytics for some time. But you still need to work under a mentor before you can lead projects independently.
- AV Rising Stars: These are the flagbearers for the era to come. You ideally have more than 3 years of experience in analytics and can accomplish analytics projects end to end independently.
- AV Gurus: Only for the best of the best. This is an exclusive lounge meant for only the best in data science. Apply if you have at least 5 years of experience and you know multiple tools to work upon.
- Meetups: Being an online community can leave you wanting to meet more people. In order to satisfy this craving, we will be doing more and more meetups across the country. We are starting with one in Delhi this week and will follow it up in various cities as we get more volunteers. If you want to host one in your city, please reach out to us and we will support it in every possible manner.
- Shape up your data contest: We are launching a small contest to celebrate with a few prizes. We will release a small dataset and you will need to visualize the data and tell us the right shape for data. The contest involves basic data exploration. See, if you can win these awesome prizes. Read more details here. The participants of this contest, get a direct entry to our Whatsapp groups.