Yes, that’s right! The first article on Analytics Vidhya went live exactly an year ago (20th April 2013). In less than a year, Analytics Vidhya has transformed from being just a personal blog to one of the leading analytics communities in India & has earned a lot of recognition globally. We today have a collection of 80+ top quality articles on various topics related to analytics and more than 15 comments on each article on average.
I want to take this moment and thank all our readers & followers, who have been a constant source of encouragement, knowledge, and learning. Your engagement keeps us ticking and gives us the motivation to come back to you with high quality content. We strive to make a difference in analytical learning for each and every one of you.
As a special mention, I have listed a few articles which are my favorite. I share a brief reason why they make into the list along with the mention:
- How to start a career in Analytics? and Advanced analytics certifications in India: Why are they my favorites? Simply because of the engagement and the value add we have done through these articles. Both of the articles have 200+ comments from readers individually. Combined every one (including me) has learnt a lot through these articles.
- SAS vs. R (vs. Python) – which tool should I learn?: This article is right up here because it reminds me the importance of listening to our audience. This question came up from readers every now and then, we compiled our research, simplified the outcome and wrote this article. Result – Tremendous response from not only our readers but analytics communities across the globe.
- Tricky SAS interview questions Part 1 & Part 2: Outstanding quality of questions, their answers and insights on SAS. Must read for any one who claims to know SAS and is looking out for roles with in industry
- Interview with industry experts – Top Kaggler and CEO, Fractal Analytics: Because of the knowledge and perspective these articles provide.
How could this article be complete with out talking about what is happening at our end and keeping us on our toes:
- A new logo:
Why do we like this design? Well, for its simplicity and its reflection of what we stand for – Analytics learning and growth for our audience. We are in love with this design. What do you think about it? Do share your thoughts / views with us.
- Training: Our first training has received tremendous response. It is a completely online, self-paced training with access to instructors for Q & A. If you are a beginner in Analytics, this would be exactly what you need. The early bird discount is ending soon.
- Job alerts platform: We have started putting analytics jobs here. Over the next few months, we aim to list all jobs in analytics on this portal. We hope that this will add tremendous value to our readers and gives us a way to complete the loop (job after training)
- New website: With all these changes, our IT team is just managing to keep up with our demands. They are working on a fabulous website, which will be unveiled in coming month. Watch out this space for more!
This is just a way to say thank you for your tremendous support and making us what we are today. Over next 3 days, we will ask 15 questions through our social media channels (Facebook, twitter and Google+). One person who answers all the questions correctly, will receive a gift voucher worth INR 3,000 (~ $45) from Amazon.in. So, over the next few days, watch out for these questions and answer them to show us what you have learnt.
We are highly excited about each of these things and what we are doing. Do you have any wishes / thoughts / questions / feedback for us? Do let us know through comments below. As usual, we are looking forward to them.
If you like what you just read & want to continue your analytics learning, subscribe to our emails, follow us on twitter or like our facebook page.
You can also read this article on Analytics Vidhya's Android APP