Last week we saw a couple of significant developments in this regard – first, it was announced that Pandas would no longer be supported on Python 2 from next year. Then, we saw Intel open source nGraph, a framework-neutral compiler, library and runtime that allows you to run models on various devices.
Apart from these, this past week saw other huge developments in the machine learning industry. Google has created a deep neural network that can detect cancer in real-time, Cars.com is using machine learning to predict sales and to enrich the buyer experience, and other fascinating ongoings were covered in AVBytes last week.
Scroll down to view all the articles from last week. Also, Subscribe here to get AVBytes delivered directly to your inbox daily!
Below is a round-up of all the happenings in the last week. Click on each title to read the full article.
- Pandas will No Longer Support Python 2 Next Year: Do you use Python 2.7? Big news – Pandas will no longer be supported on this version from 1st January, 2019. How will this affect your projects?
- Intel open sources nGraph – Now Focus on Data Science and Stop Worrying about Frameworks and Hardware: Data scientists, finally you can stop worrying about code portability! Intel has open sourced nGraph, a framework-neutral deep neural network library and compiler. It supports upto 6 frameworks currently, including TensorFlow.
- The Rise of AI Continues – Robots have Mastered the Task of Assembling Furniture: If you’re worried about the rise of machines, look away now! Researchers from Singapore have developed an AI powered technology that can assemble an IKEA chair in almost the same time as humans.
- Cars.com is using Machine Learning to Predict the Sales of Cars: Buying a car just became a whole lot easier thanks to machine learning! Cars.com is using ML to predict the sales of cars (using over 20 years of data) and help buyers determine when and how to act on a purchase. This is a fascinating read.
- Here’s a Deep Learning Algorithm that Transforms an Image into a Completely Different Category: This deep learning algorithm takes an image and transforms it into something else entirely! The code is on GitHub and you can check it out, along with the video, in this article. Let us know your experience using it.
- Google’s Machine Learning Model can Detect Cancer in Real-Time: Great news in healthcare! Google’s machine learning algorithm can now detect cancer in real time! It has been coupled with a microscope to help doctors with this technology.
- Thanks to AI, you can now Create Cartoons from Text Based Descriptions: Here’s an AI that needs a text description to generate cartoon videos! It’s called CRAFT and it has the pontential to change the animation industry!
The above AVBytes were published from 16th to 22nd April, 2018.
I really liked the generating cartoons from just text concept. Granted it’s still in it’s infancy and has a while to go, but the building blocks are there. What excited you the most among the above developments? Use the comments section below to get involved!
Subscribe here to get daily AVBytes in your inbox!
You can also read this article on our Mobile APP