Breakthroughs in technology are taking place at a breakneck pace thanks to machine learning and artificial intelligence. I come across articles from around the globe on a daily basis about how the field of data science is helping researchers and the community make progress towards a brighter future.
However, as someone in this ever expanding world, it is daunting to keep up with each and every new technology. This is why we, at Analytics Vidhya, have recently launched AVBytes. We cover the latest breakthroughs, developments, updates and happenings in the world of machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence.
In the past week, we had a range of developments – a Pandas library to work with large datasets with limited resources, Flippy the AI robot burger cook, Farrago – an online tool that helps you deal with dirty and messy data, Google’s TensorFlow code for working with space data, an AI experiment to convert 2D images to 3D (open to the general public), among many others.
Scroll down to view the articles and get details on each one of them. Also, Subscribe here to get AVBytes delivered directly to your inbox daily!
Below is a round-up of all the happenings in the last week. Click on each title to read the full article.
- Pandas on Ray – A Library to Make Pandas Faster with Just One Line of Code: Great news for python users! With just 1 line of code, dealing with large datasets could become far easier and quicker with a python library called Pandas on Ray.
HEKA’s Artificial Intelligence Mattress will help you Sleep Better: We all have bad sleeping habits. But AI is here to help. HEKA’s AI mattress adapts in real time to your sleeping position to ensure you get the right amount of sleep every night. The AI revolution continues!
- Google has Made the TensorFlow Code for AstroNet Available for Everyone: How does the idea of discovering a new planet sound? Google is helping you out! They’ve released the TensorFlow code for AstroNet on GitHub, the CNN model used for discovering planets.
- Volume is Using Machine Learning to Transform 2D Images to 3D: Transforming any image into a 3D space is far closer to becoming reality, thanks to deep learning. You can try it for yourself too. Check out the incredible video inside to see how the tool works.
- Microsoft Announces Windows ML, an AI Platform for Windows 10: Here comes Machine Learning on Windows! In the next major Windows 10 update, Windows ML will be launched to bring the magic of AI to all Windows users.
- Machine Learning is Helping Researchers Create Lifelike Animal Simulations: Animal simulations are getting even more lifelike thanks to machine learning! Researchers have developed an algorithm to study animal movement and create an incredibly accurate replica. Check out the video inside!
- Meet Flippy, an AI Powered Robot that can Cook Burgers: Is AI going to take over in the kitchen? With this latest robot, it might just happen. Flippy can grill and cook burgers with minimum help, thanks to deep learning. Check out the fascinating video inside.
- Commit Assistant can Predict Errors in the Code Before you Make Them: Almost all of us have played games that, despite beta testing, have bugs. Here comes Commit Assistant, an AI from Ubisoft that can predict errors in the code before the game developers even make them. Details inside, including a behind the looks video of how the AI works.
- Intela Launches Farrago, an Online Tool to Deal with Dirty Data: Are you tired of dealing with messy and dirty data? It’s a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Farrago is an online tool that helps you deal with dirty data, in a quick and easy to understand manner.
The above AVBytes were published from 5th to 11th March, 2018.
What’s your take on the developments this past week? Is there anything else you came across that isn’t covered here? Get involved and let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe here to get daily AVBytes in your inbox!