Highlights of 2013
2013 has been an outstanding year for me personally. Among other things, there have been 2 key highlights for this year:
- Becoming a father to the cutest baby (Jenika) in this world; and
- Starting up and running Analytics Vidhya
While there is no comparison between the 2, there have been times when I felt that I am raising 2 babies simultaneously. I still remember sitting along side baby incubator (while Jenika was being treated for Jaundice) and scrambling my notes @ 3:00 a.m. in morning to make sure that a post goes out next day.
So while I was creating a collage of Jenika’s photos from 2013, I thought it might be a good idea to quickly reflect on 2013 for Analytics Vidhya and bring out some of the highlights.
Here is what we achieved in 2013:
- In the first 8 months of existence, Analytics Vidhya was visited by more than 20,000 unique visitors who made more than 33,000 visits to the blog.
- We have published a total of 51 posts till date and are still counting
- Our monthly visits has been consistently growing (except for the month when I took ~15 day break and Jenika was born).
I can go on and on….but you get the idea! We are one of the most read blogs in India in Analytics domain.
To summarize, the journey has been extremely fulfilling for me personally and every one involved in creation of Analytics Vidhya. We hope that we have created a difference in life of several analysts and the larger analytics community.
We thank our audience for their engagement, feedback and comments and hope that we have contributed to their Analytics learning in some way or the other. For those of you, who might have missed some of the awesome articles and discussions we have had, following are the key articles we posted on various topics:
- How to start a career in Business Analytics?
- What is Business Analytics and which tools are used for Analysis?
- How to identify a good (and bad) Business Analyst?
- How to become an Analytics rockstar?
- How to create Financial models flawlessly?
- The art of structured thinking and Analyzing
- Common mistakes analysts make and how to avoid them?
- Upcoming trends in data visualization
- Four rules for creating insightful and actionable reports (and metrics)
- Taking up a job in Analytics? Ask these 5 questions first!
- Common myths about a career in Business Analytics: Busted!
- Five habits of highly successful analysts
- How to create a High performance Analytics team?
- Must read books for Analysts (or people interested in Analytics)
- Must read books on data visualization
- Must read books and blogs on Web Analytics
- Diagnosing residual plots in linear regression models
- Importance of segmentation and how to create one?
- 4 tricky SAS questions commonly used in Interview
- 9 productivity boosting tips for SAS Enterprise Guide users
- Creating a simple and effective Sales dashboard (with Qlikview)
- How to create a waterfall chart in Qlikview?
- Review: Tableau 8.1
- What is big data and how is big data architecture designed?
- Interview with data scientist and top Kaggler, Mr. Steve Donoho
- How to apply web Analytics for an e-commerce website?
- Questions to ask while designing A/B (or multi-variate) tests
The sheer number of articles in this list is just a representation of the effort and quality time we have spent creating Analytics Vidhya. We hope that we have created enormous value for our audience and would continue to do so in 2014.
If you have any suggestions, feedback, instances how Analytics Vidhya helped you or what you would want more out of Analytics Vidhya please let us know. As always, we are eager to listen from you.
Wishing a Happy and Properous New Year to all our audience, team members and patrons.
If you like what you just read & want to continue your analytics learning, subscribe to our emails or like our Facebook page.
Image credit – ebuilder.net and Godwallpaper