Designation – Data Scientist
Location – Videology
About employer –
Videology is a leading technology company in the digital advertising industry. Our mission is to provide our clients with the ability to target their advertisements to exactly the right person. We achieve this objective by collecting massive amounts of data from diverse sources, and solving a large-scale dynamic, online optimization problem. Our Research and Development (R&D) group – which is responsible for creating the machine learning and optimization algorithms that power all aspects of our business – is currently looking to hire a Data Mining Scientist to help design, implement, and curate the next generation of our predictive technologies. www.videologygroup.com
- Research, design, and develop new predictive technologies to help Videology leverage its data to support Videology’s business.
- Work independently and take ownership of existing and new projects through their life cycle.
- Support Videology’s ongoing research into ad network optimization
- Support existing predictive modeling and optimization technologies.
- Work closely with Software Development and Product Management teams to implement and deploy research systems.
- Help with ad-hoc data analysis needs from other business units
Recommended Work Experience –
- B.S/M.S/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields.
- 0-3 years of experience in machine learning in an academic or industrial setting.
- Strong knowledge of state of the art machine learning techniques, including but not limited to maximum entropy modeling, graphical models, association rules, and techniques for online learning and clustering.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Scala/Python.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical modeling environment, such as R.
- Demonstrated ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with or ability to get up to speed quickly on SQL/Hadoop/Map-reduce a plus.
- Practical knowledge of statistics, e.g. hypothesis testing, experimental design a bonus.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to [email protected] including the position you are applying for (“Data Mining Scientist”) in the subject line.