Business Analyst- Amazon, Hyderabad / Secunderabad (1 – 5 years of experience)
Do you have experience of working in ecommerce, retail, financial services business or supply chain? Want to work in a company which has re-defined customer experience and innovation? Have a look at this job
Designation –Business Analyst
Location – Bangalore
About employer– Amazon Development Centre (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Compensation: INR 7,00,000 – 11,00,000 P.A
As a BA, you are expected to work on project planning and execution with high level of quality. You should follow the quality framework and create error free, highly available systems.
Our ideal candidate will have a) business analysis experience and b) e-commerce technology expertise and a demonstrated ability to define business requirements and work on technical projects. In this role, you are expected to work closely with your peers, operations managers / senior managers/ senior leaders to understand their requirement and translate in to actionable metrics / projects. You will provide advice and mentoring to other analysts.
- Should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets.
- Understand the operations process across businesses
- Understand the vision, direction and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, driving innovation and raising the performance across the operations team.
- Understand the requirements of Operations managers / others and map them with the data sources / data warehouse
- Guide and mentor the analysts and create next generation of world-class BIEs.
- Design and develop highly available dashboards and metrics using SAS, Perl, Excel and OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence). Should provide wing-to-wing project lifecycle execution (project planning, execution, Risk assessment and system availability)
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance with the help of Operations Analytics managers.
- Perform business analysis and data queries using SAS & Advanced knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Excel (prior data mining experience a plus)
- Ability to execute analytical projects and understanding of analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Identify new pattern of abuse and make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring
- Develop and oversee the initiation of strategy recommendations
Work experience / skill required:
- Prior experience working in ecommerce / retail / supply chain / financial services business / technology / high tech environment a plus.
- Prior experience (advanced) in use of data analysis tools like SAS, SQL.
- At least 1 year of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment.
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects
- Exposure to software development process is desired.
- Analytical Mind-set and ability to see the big picture and persuade others to see the same should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions.
- Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem solving skills is required.
- Strong proficiency in use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS, SPSS and SQL is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment & ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
Interested candidates can please go to http://goo.gl/mBGRXJ