Business Analyst: Business Intelligence –IBM, (3+ years of experience)
Here is a Business Intelligence role with the world’s largest IT and consulting company.
Designation – Business Analyst
Location – Gurgaon, Hyderabad
About employer – IBM
IBM Global Business Services helps clients solve complex business and technical issues. We deliver innovative business consulting, process design, systems integration, application management and design. Our core competencies include deep business process and industry expertise, advanced analytics and research capabilities, comprehensive IT infrastructure knowledge, and proven ability to implement enterprise solutions that deliver bottom-line business value.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Generating and publishing reports.
- Analyzing the reports and publish the outcome.
- Handling a team.
- This role documents and analyzes requirements from a business perspective; defines current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using the BI method to ensure proper translation of business requirements to I/T solution requirements.
- Estimating the efforts required for completion of analysis tasks and creating analysis plan in conjunction with the overall project plan
- Engaging with source system contacts and acquiring data needed for Business Operations Executive Deal Work Flow reporting on new inbound feeds into UK Data Warehousing
- Seeking inputs from solution architects to assess the feasibility of proposed solutions from UK Data Warehousing design standards perspective
- Reviewing analysis findings, preparing high level design and mapping documents, presenting solution to all stakeholders and obtaining consensus for implementing it
- Translates client requirements into technical requirements and recommends a BI solution.
- Work with relevant areas of BI Engagement and Analysis team to identify and define low level requirements
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in BI Engagement and Analysis
- English: Fluent
- Understand business requirements, translate them into functional specifications and take high level requirements to a greater level of detail
- Build the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context-problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups
- Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Develop prototypes of user interface design for the solution within a scheduled timeframe and manage tasks to meet the assigned project dates
- Prepare use cases, provide inputs towards test plan & functional scenarios, review and edit requirements, specifications and recommendations related to proposed solution and obtain sign-off from stakeholders
- Elicit requirements within business intelligence domain and liaise with analysts, design managers, developers and technical leads and manage analysis activities of BI projects
- People management skills
- 3 to 9 years of total work experience
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.