Business Analyst – Data Scientist – MasterCard, Gurgaon (3 – 5 years of experience)
Want to work for an Organization which leverages petabyte scale data warehousing to make its decision? A place where consumer insights are reshaping how businesses make decisions? Here is a company which describes itself as a technology company (and not a financial services company)
Designation – Business Analyst / Data Scientist
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – MasterCard
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. We are leading the way toward a world beyond cash with the power to expand connectivity, opportunity, and prosperity for individuals, businesses, and communities.
Join the data revolution! MasterCard Advisors is helping to shape the future of data insights by leveraging billions of anonymised, aggregated transactions in a 10 petabyte date warehouse to help financial institutions, merchants, media, and governments manage their businesses more effectively. Be part of an Analytics Center of Excellence that is developing consumer insights that are reshaping how businesses make decisions.
Advanced Analytics is charged with servicing Consulting Services, Information Services and Managed Services by centralizing and optimizing the world class analytical, modeling, software coding, data sourcing, product development, product management, econometrics, and associated delivery capabilities of the MasterCard Advisors organization.
Use broad retail, capital markets, media, and/or payments industry experience and deep knowledge of the application of big data quantitative analytics to provide hands-on support for information product development and custom analytical project delivery that satisfies and retains a global client base.
- Analyze large volumes of transaction and customer data to generate insights and actionable recommendations to drive business growth
- Translate business requirements into tangible solution specifications and high quality, on time deliverables
- Develop innovative solutions leveraging new analytical methodologies and tools to reduce costs and improve worldwide product and project delivery
- Work directly with one of the world’s largest data warehouses to deliver optimized data extracts, data visualizations, and detailed reports to support consulting engagements, campaign measurement, business intelligence, predictive modeling, and scoring applications.
- Develop/enhance routine data processes
- Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources
- Apply knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions across multiple industry verticals
- Set the department standard for data driven insights and advanced analytics solutions using tools such as SAS, SQL and MS office suite
- Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, project delivery analysts, and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements. Provide design specifications, functional and technical requirements for development of new products and solutions.
- Generates key hypotheses and independently structures work at the work stream or project level
- Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations; takes responsibility for structuring and writing reports and client ready presentations from a work stream or project level.
- Reviews analytics end-products to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- Develops effective working relationships with global teams and business partners
- Proactively seeks new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
Qualification and Skills Required:
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in hands-on programming, data mining, data modeling, and report development using large volumes of granular data to deliver analytical solutions
- Bachelors in Engineering or quantitative discipline with an emphasis on business applications. M.S./M.B.A. preferred
- Strong SAS, MS-Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Platforms/Environments: Unix, SAS, SQL, Netezza, VBA, BI software
- Experience in financial sector and payments industry preferred
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.