Business Analyst– VARITE, Gurgaon (5+ years of experience)
Can you create a data strategy for various investment and business processes? Can you be a consultant, implementor, project manager and a business manager at the same time?
If the answer to both the questions is yes, have a look at this role.
Designation – Business Analyst -Investment Banking
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – VARITE
Business Analyst is expected to understand Client’s investment and business process with a view to identify data required to successfully execute the investment/business process. It is expected that business analyst will be able identify and suggest improvement opportunities to make the process more efficient.
Business analyst will capture and analyse data requirements from strategic programmes and define a solution around data acquisition, management and consumption for the system team to implement. In addition, business analyst will help define the enterprise signature of each data subject area.
- Identifying and documenting Business Requirements
- Understanding existing systems functions and liaison with Business teams
- Prepare or assist in preparation of Business Requirements documents
- Translating Business Requirements to System Requirements
- Work closely with business analysts/SME in strategic business programmes to define data requirements
- Analyse existing systems and understand the business process and data required to support the same
- Build solution documents to support data acquisition, management and consumption for end consumers
- Liaise with internal system owners and/or 3rd party data providers to develop effective strategy for acquiring data
- Prepare test plans and participating in system testing activities as per QA processes
- Support the System team during implementation- e.g. data loading & cutover/migration analysis
- Support business in preparation of user test procedures and user acceptance testing
- Provide pre-implementation and post-implementation support to the systems and business teams
- Perform current state analysis in legacy system with respect to usage of data subject areas. E.g. Reference data, Market data, Research data, Positions/Holdings data etc
Qualification and Skills Required:
- B. Tech/B.E. or MBA (Finance) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years Information Technology experience in the Investment Management domain
- At least 4 years proven experience as a Business Analyst
- Exposure to structured software development life-cycle methodology (preferably Agile or Iterative development)
- Experience of working with multi-cultural teams in a geographically diverse environment
- A good understanding of the overall investment process and data needs of investment firms.
- Thorough understanding of different asset classes – Equity, Fund of Funds, Fixed Income, DERIVATIVES
- Knowledge of one or more standard market data products from providers like Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters etc.
- Must be an expert in using MS Office products like Visio and Excel
- Must have the ability to visualise data and identify patterns within and across subject areas
- Must have the ability to understand and relate data lineage and its impact to investment process
- Basic knowledge of technology, third party products and their usage within the investment management domain
- Must possess working knowledge of database technologies to query standard databases like Oracle, Sybase etc.
- Experience of working in Equity Portfolio Management/Research applications
- Experience of working with 3rd party market data providers like Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
- Experience of re-engineering legacy systems.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally to arrive at a solution
- Must have an eye for detail and analyse/relate to the business problem in hand
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop & maintain good relationships with all business and systems stakeholders
- Strong customer awareness with ability to manage customer expectations
- Flexible and positive attitude, openness to change
- Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality solution
- Ability to learn and quickly get familiar with a complex business and systems environment.
- Ability to discuss both business and related technology/system at various levels
- Candidate must be willing to travel overseas at short notice for the duration necessitated by project needs
Interested People can apply at this PAGE.