Right forecasting is the lifeline for any customer support Organization. Here is a role where you apply data sciences to come out with best ways to forecast call volumes and improve the models over time.
Designation –Forecasting Analyst
Location – Bangalore
About employer – HP
- Responsible for generating forecasts for groups within Americas Customer Support Organizations (e.g., Call and Repair Centers).
- Work as part of the Forecasting team and be responsible for:
- extracting actual call and repair data
- running the forecasting models using SAS
- creating forecast accuracy scorecards
- setting up forecast review meeting with the users
- Work with minimal direction from the Lead Forecaster and users to accomplish the given tasks. Contribute idea about how to improve the forecast accuracy and efficient of the forecasting process.
- Maintain good relationship with the forecast users and be the contact person if issues arise.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative analytic field such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research or closely related discipline.
- 3 or more solid years of training and experience in SAS programming and classic statistical tools including Linear and Non-linear Models, Logistic regression, Time Series, and Multivariate statistics.
- Proficient in data handling and analysis software, building Excel Macros & SQL queries is a plus.
- Experience in workforce planning and Verint WFM tool applications a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of an analytical decision support system for users in a large corporate setting is desired.
- High competency in advance functionalities of Access (e.g., building/maintaining database and queries) and Excel (e.g., Pivot tables and VBA).
- Ability to advise and influence others over complex issues in a persuasive manner.
- Ability to research technical issues and generate creative and innovative solutions.
Interested candidates can apply at this PAGE.