Manager / Sr Manager– American Express, Gurgaon (5 years of experience)
American Express is looking out for a team leader with experience and interest in Business Intelligence. If you are good at visualising data and creating insightful reports, have a look at this job opening from American Express.
Designation – Manager / Sr Manager – Digital Data & Reporting
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – American Express
This role will report to the Director of Digital Analytics & Reporting and will be part of the American Express Interactive (AXPi) Digital Analytics & Insights team. AXPi is the Global Center of Excellence for the definition, development and delivery of Enterprise-level digital experiences and capabilities. The candidate will lead the strategy, execution and management of the Digital Information Management capabilities for AXPi. They will be responsible for managing the Digital Data Warehouse (DDW) platform & creating highly impactful business intelligence reports using state of the art business tools. These reports and data will be used for understanding and effectively measuring the value of AXP’s digital channel, as well as defining and influencing the company’s global digital strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the team that develops foundational capabilities enabling enhanced analytics and measurement, critical to shaping global digital adoption and experience strategies.
- Enhance and maintain DDW and datamart capabilities that house various digital portfolio performance metrics
- Take ownership of accuracy of information provided as it forms a key input to senior management decision-making
- Explore & leverage different business intelligence & reporting tools like Microstrategy, Tableau, Excel, to create and manage various business intelligence reports for the different product managers and leadership teams
- Uplift the data visualization by creating meaningful and insightful reports using powerful visualization techniques and infographics tools
- Create a strong partnership with developers to deploy various data management and business intelligence projects into production ensuring strong cost and timelines management
- Partner and align with business partners’ issues with data and reports to provide quality solutions and alternatives that meet customer requirements and project deliverables
- Develop a motivated team of 2-3 Analysts / Assistant Managers
Qualification and Skills Required:
- An advanced degree in computer science, information technology or management from premium institutes
- Five years’ experience in data management, business intelligence and reporting work and people management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win
- Excellent interpersonal skills, multi-tasker, self starter, and thought leader with the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of project and people management; ability to engage and inspire team members and partners
- Results driven with strong project management skills, ability to work on multiple priorities and keep team on track to exceed goals
- Passion for data & analysis, ability to understand complex data schemas and models and structure / summarize data into easy to use format for end users
- Strong SQL programming skills and experience with Unix file manipulation utilities and experience in driving automation
- Strong working experience of statistical software (SAS, SQL, Machine Learning) and manipulating large and complex data sets; experience with Teradata preferred
- Experience with digital analytics tools and data and Business Intelligence tools ( Tableau, Microstrategy, Excel, VBA).
- Exposure to big data concepts like Pig, Hive, Mapreduce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in all things digital
Interested candidates can apply at this PAGE.