Do you enjoy keeping a close watch on how you are performing against your competitors? How about doing that for a job? Expedia is hiring an analyst for its competitive intelligence.
Designation – Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Location – Gurgaon
About employer – Expedia
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. It aims to provide personalized service, the latest technology and the widest selection of vacation packages, flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises and in-destination activities, attractions, and services.
The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index.
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related products and services. Identify future trends by watching the new product roll-out of competitors and by keeping abreast of consumer reports on future needs
- Create the necessary business intelligence tools (such as comprehensive databases and spreadsheets) to provide the best sources for information. Build daily dashboards from multiple data sources (Omniture Site Catalyst, Business Objects and our Data Warehouse)
- Perform ad-hoc analysis using multiple data sources to answer product questions
- Create Daily and Weekly XLS documents detailing Hotel, Package & Air Business Health, including Daily browser level analysis, Performance monitoring on a page level
- Conduct regular competitive analysis on the best practices of key competitors and ecommerce leaders, including: Monitor of key competitor sites, looking for changes, then documenting with screenshots and other relevant data
- Monitor Industry news to find and summarize key happenings in hotel, air and overall OLTA industry
Qualification and Skills Required:
- While we recognize that there is not one path to becoming a great Analyst, we look for 2-4 years’ experience of: Competitive Intelligence and understanding of online best practices, Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, Omniture Site Catalyst, Business Objects, Tealeaf
- Ability to put together competitive intelligence reports
- Ability to mine data and do detailed analysis when given an ad-hoc request.
- Experience with Excel, Word, querying language (like SQL, HIVE, and Oracle etc)
- Excellent understanding of ecommerce
- Must have strong analytical skills, high energy, and results focus
- Ability prioritize data and generate appropriate custom reports for management’s review and use
Interested candidates can apply for this Job at this PAGE.