Analyst – Franklin Templeton, Hyderabad (0 – 3 Years of Experience)
Can you take data from multiple sources, analyze it and come out with data based strategies for Sales teams of one of the most respected company in Investment management? If the answer is yes and the role sounds exciting, check out this role from Franklin Templeton.
Designation – Analyst-Sales Analytics
Location – Hyderabad
About employer – Franklin Templeton
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets – our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We’re currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The candidate will be required to understand how different sales offices within IAS operate and provide crucial data driven insights to assist sales teams in targeting the right dealers to sell the right products including up-selling and cross-selling thereby focused on increasing revenues and market share in various regions within International Advisory Services. This will include a good understanding of our clients – the dealers who sell our products to our end customers, different types of dealers – including banks, IFAs, global distributors, etc, our sales processes, good understanding of Franklin Templeton products including SICAV, local products and institutional accounts. He/she will be required to analyze data from various sources, including our Sales datamart, third party data, competitor data to understand sales trends, both from a dealer and product perspective and explore opportunities in the markets. In addition he/she will be required to create and analyse data on an adhoc, need basis from time to time based on requirements from the management.
- Analyze data from multiple sources, including but not limited to Sales datamart, third party data, industry/competitor data and identify trends and patterns that can be identified to target the right dealers with the right products
- Provide holistic analysis and actionable insight by using data to identify strategic insights that will help dictate the direction of the client engagement
- Provide analysis using fundamental statistical methods and techniques or business intelligence tools to prove hypothesis
- Develop customizable user friendly excel based tools wherever possible that are suitable to each sales office/region which can be used by sales teams to identify dealers and products for their respective offices
- Develop understanding of needs for various offices through interaction with sales teams
- Collate large volumes of data for development of reports and analysis with interpretation of results in business context, including detailed findings and implications presented to key stakeholders at all levels
- Ensure proper metrics are set up, data is collected, and results are converted into insights with a clear action plan.
- Summarize the analysis and create exhibits that represent the findings/outcomes of the data effectively
- Identify, size and prioritize business opportunities for improvement through analytics
- Gather data, apply rigorous analysis methods, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations for business partners
- Work on ad hoc requests and projects for senior management and business units
- Using Analytics identify suitable funds for cross selling and up selling to dealers
- Translate complex analysis into simple action plans that can be presented to Country heads, Sales heads or wholesalers to help them make sales decisions
- Ability to communicate and influence sales teams to get their buy-in to take appropriate actions by way of presentations via conference calls, meetings and also over e-mail
- Provide valuable insights on various external and internal reports that are published periodically
- Follow up sales offices/ teams on various analysis or tools built, understand what has worked and what has not worked and build rapport overtime and become their trusted partner
- Coordinate and work closely with other IBDG staff supporting sales offices/regions
- Leverage experience and partner with teams within sales, marketing, product and other teams with relevant subject matter expertise
- Develop deeper relationships with business counterparts to deliver strategic insight and impart recommendations that potentially improve Sales
Qualification and Skills Required:
- MBA (Tier II institute), B.Tech/B.E.or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-3 years of professional work experience, preferably all or part with financial services industry
- Strong analytics background
- Ability to present to senior management
- Ability to influence decisions and gain buy-in
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A good understanding of the Asset Management Sales process and International Mutual Fund products
- Strong use of technology and analytical tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret sales reports, providing analytical commentary, when necessary
- Demonstrates an intermediate or advanced ability to perform mathematical calculations and analysis.
- Knowledge of working on BI tools like BO, Cognos, Microstrategy and Visual tools like Qlikview, Tableau – desirable
- Have knowledge of working on data-mining skills
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, resolve problems and own personal accountability for the impact of decisions on the division
- Ability to influence decisions, gain-buy, and execute
- Ability to hear and speak to employees/management and outside business associates on the phone and in person
- Ability to sit for long hours at a time
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memos, reports and other documents (near vision)
- Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the personal computer
- Ability to maintain a professional image
- Change management and Influencing skills
- Infrequent/Possible travel between FT sites
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.