A wise man once said “You can not be called a Business Intelligence professional, until you have built one data warehouse end to end.” Here is a chance to grab a role which provides you an opportunity to do so.
Designation – Analyst – IDA
Location – Mumbai
About employer – General Mills
Shift Timing – 11AM to 8PM
The Enterprise Data Warehouse – Integrated Data Assets team is a growing team responsible for designing and architecting solutions to integrate information and technology to deliver Business Intelligence for the Enterprise using cutting edge technologies like in-memory data. We Design solutions to meet the expanding need for more and more internal and external information to be integrated with existing sources; research, implement and leverage new technologies to deliver more actionable insights to the enterprise. We integrate solutions that combine process, technology and information through the core enterprise data sources that form our corporate information factory to provide end to end solutions for the business.
This position will design and develop solutions for the Enterprise Data Warehouse. You will be responsible for integrating information and technology to deliver actionable insights for the enterprise
- Determine requirements and propose appropriate solutions based on requirements.
- Take responsibility for participating in and/or leading BI projects. Deliver sustainable results based on requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to build a work plan or parts of a work plan, as applicable for role.
- Implement small projects and contribute to the implementation of medium/large projects.
- Work with the team to design, code and test ETL solutions and stored procedures for the reference architecture
- Create and support SAP Business Objects Data Services and PL/SQL jobs.
- Provide support for the existing Data Warehouse assets used by General Mills.
- Diagnose problems and restore service promptly to Data Warehouse users, operating within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Work with system users, other members of the IT Department, and service providers to resolve problems.
- Carry out assigned activities during system releases and system upgrades.
- Embrace a Continuous Improvement mentality to streamline and eliminate waste in all processes
- Design, implement, and govern DW standards and promote best practices
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership by proactively resolving issues and taking on multiple work plan tasks
- Effective communications with both technical and business communities
- Build strong technical skills
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 5 Years of relevant experience
- 1 – 3 years of Database Developer Experience in one or more areas: Oracle / SQL Server / SAP BW
- Experience in ETL processes
- Job Scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Relational and/or dimensional data modeling
- Requirements Analysis across organizational boundaries
- Proactive research into up to date technology or techniques for development and/or reporting
- Experience in tracking down issues and troubleshooting
- Self-Motivated, able to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Cross-functional work to create integrated enterprise solutions
- Experience in reporting / hierarchies
- Process modeling to drive out end user requirements
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.