Are you a pro at automating reports, creating awesome dashboards and visualizations and extracting data based stories? What could be a better place to utilize your skills than Google? Check our this Business Intelligence Analyst opening with Google.
Designation – Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Location – Hyderabad
About employer –Google
Help serve Google’s worldwide user base of more than a billion people by working within Global Advertising & Product Operations. You focus on AdWords, our service that lets business owners create and run ads, quickly and simply. Business Analysts provide quantitative support, business understanding and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization. As a data-loving member of the team, you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better business decisions. You weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You make critical recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. As a self-starter, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a Sales manager the next.
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. The Insights & Improvements team helps to power Google’s advertising growth by delivering actionable business intelligence and insights at scale to all levels of the sales business, and through cross functional analytical investigations. In this role, you’ll be helping to organize Google’s internal data in order to provide more visibility to our analyst teams and the sales support teams on current and historical performance, trends, and their opportunities for growth. You’ll be involved in defining user requirements, building and maintaining the data infrastructure, designing reports, dashboards and ensuring timely delivery to the end users so that they can see quickly and accurately how their businesses are performing. You will also provide insights behind the dashboards, tell the story behind the data trends and their business implications.
- Develop and automate reports, solving for the BI and analytical needs of our full range of end users, from reps on the floor to the executive leadership team
- Build, optimize and maintain a robust BI data infrastructure. Gather business reporting requirements, create data marts using data warehousing best practices, leveraging Google’s big data tools and databases
- Build and prototype dashboards to provide metrics and insights at scale that meet the needs of the entire Global Sales Support
- Perform code reviews and unit test codes and scripts. Provide technical leadership to the analyst team in terms of coding and data best practices
Qualification and Skills Required:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, ETL, dashboards and reporting involving large datasets
- 4 years of technical work experience in management consulting or business operations and an analytics environment
- Working knowledge of AdWords and Google’s advertising tools
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines in a high paced, and dynamic environment
- Distinctive problem solving and structuring skills, with an ability to synthesize data, use business judgement, and surface actionable insights
- Passion for user interface design, data visualization, insights generation and storytelling
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.