Analyst– HP, Bangalore
Can you analyze the economic and market data to arrive at Market sizing and market driver modeling? Can you figure out changes in market before any one else can do it (through economic and statistical modeling)? If the answer is yes, here an opportunity to join HP (ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012). Look at the details below.
Designation – Market Sizing and Forecasting Analyst
Location – Bangalore
About employer – HP
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Candidate would be part of the Global Analytics team at Hewlett Packard’s Bangalore office. She/ he will be a member of the experienced market sizing team and will work with stakeholders in the WW MAP team. The candidate will work in the area of market driver modeling and market share analysis and reporting. She/ he will also be responsible for driving strategic solutions to support the business teams.
HP Invents. We make ideas happen, and we deliver great services. Our service delivery locations are state-of-the-art, cutting edge, and all over the world.
HP Global Analytics team is a global initiative to provide support to Supply Chain, Marketing, CRM, Finance and HR business functions through data mining & predictive modeling, reporting & business intelligence, business research, data management, optimization & simulation solutions. We are poised for substantial growth by building a new service line for HP services.
The team has an excellent mix of experienced professionals with strong analytics and business consulting background, who are driven by a passion to draw business inference from external and internal data while delivering on client requests
- Play the role of an economic and statistical analyst for the Market Sizing Team
- Own, understand and analyze the economic and market data
- Understand key indicators which correlate with the business and drive market drivers’ model.
- Develop analysis to help the business read early warning triggers that signal business change
- Create overall awareness on the significance of economic and statistics data for the business
- Deliver insights to Management driven through economic and statistical data
- Manage ad hoc projects for the business on macro trends and the impact on business
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Post Graduate, MS/MTech, PhD
- Expert skills in R and SAS
- Strong statistical and econometric modelling skills
- Outstanding skills in data analyses across multiple data sources & large data sets
- Strong ability to influence/ drive consensus
- Pattern Recognition/Classification
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent Client management skills
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office packages – specially Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be independent, self-motivated team player that is meticulous and methodical in creating solutions
- Ability to develop and present executive level
Interested candidates can apply at this PAGE.