Analyst – Wells Fargo, Chennai (2+ years of experience)
Do you have experience with global banks and are looking for a role which challenges you and provides ownership at the same time? You will be involved in development, management and maintenance of MIS and overlaying data analysis in a renowned company? If this excites you, check out this opening from Wells Fargo.
Designation – MIS Reporting Analyst
Location – Chennai
About employer – Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is one of the largest financial services companies in the world with US$1.5 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through various distribution channels around the world. With more than 270,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States.
Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all its customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. A key focus of that vision is serving the increasing financial needs of financial institutions, non-bank financial institutions and corporates. More than 3,000 team members cover the international needs of Wells Fargo’s clients from over 35 global locations.
With regional headquarters in Hong Kong, branches in Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, and Tokyo, and 12 representative offices, Wells Fargo covers a diverse range of businesses in Asia Pacific that includes Global Financial Institutions, Global Banking, Global Payment Services, International Trade Services, Wells Fargo Securities and Wells Fargo Asset Management.
We are looking for a high caliber candidate to join the team
The role involves development, management and maintenance of MIS and data analytics for various units of the International Group, including production and timely delivery of unique reports relating but not limited to customer and product profitability, business opportunity pipeline and sales tracking, liquidity trends and compliance risk management reporting. In addition as needs arise, involvement in forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis.
- Defining business and technical requirements by interfacing with sales and product strategy teams
- Querying multiple internal and external data sources using a variety of database reporting applications
- Analyzing the data to support functions such as:
- Reporting trends of markets, clients and product usage for payment services, then researching high variances and troubleshooting any discrepancies found in the data
- Reporting market penetration, credit exposure and revenue analysis of trade and FX transactions by clients
- Monitoring/quantifying success of business opportunities, sales campaigns and initiatives, and tracking progress towards management’s revenue and profitability goals and targets.
- Tracking market shares and penetration in global payment clearing channels and analyzing growth against competitors and the industry
- Performing calculations on client activity to determine any adjustments needed to account analysis billing for clients using exception processes that cannot be supported through automated system capabilities
- Reconciling clients’ product usage against anticipated client activity to monitor for unusual or suspicious behavior
- Developing complex business unit reports with minimal direction
- Monitoring timeliness and accuracy of work and introducing ways to improve efficiency
- Supporting any questions raised by users of the reports with product knowledge and research of any discrepancies found in the data
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor or Master Degree of any discipline, preferably in Business Administration/ Commerce/ Computer Application
- Possesses high technical skill in MS-Office applications and other database tools and applications
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience (international banking and/or advanced analytics)
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Experience with VB Script and/or deployment of macros
- Experience with SQL queries
- Experience in correspondent banking and/or transaction banking
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.