Backend Engineer – SlideShare, New Delhi (6 – 8 Years of Experience)
Do you enjoy working with data to build products and solve hard problems in creative ways? Then don’t miss this excellent opportunity to join world’s largest professional network LinkedIn(SlideShare) as an Engineer, for more information go through the details below.
Designation – Backend Engineers (Big Data and Analytics)
Location – New Delhi
About employer –SlideShare
As a Backend engineer, you’ll work on building scalable systems that power SlideShare’s core backend infrastructure. You will work on complex technical problems and build out innovative technology stacks (from scratch) that solve these problems. If you enjoy working with data to build products and solve hard problems in creative ways, you will fit right in.
- Crunch, analyze and interpret data to drive SlideShare’s core processes like advertising, search, recommendation, analytics, etc. This involves working on massive (terabyte sized) data sets present in SlideShare’s website logs, social network activities, documents, etc.
- Work on large cloud-based distributed computing systems and MapReduce algorithms
- Build apps on top of NoSQL infrastructure like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Play a role in defining SlideShare’s data architecture. Our data/analytics team is still in a fledgling state; hence you can play a pivotal role in architecting and defining its future scope
Qualification and Skills Required:
- B Tech or M Tech in Computer Science
- 5 to 8 yrs of experience in deep algorithmic work or distributed systems working in a strong technology environment
- Experience with MapReduce programming model and algorithms, distributed computing systems like Hadoop, etc.
- Exposure to NoSQL storage solutions like BigTable, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Redis, etc.
- Prior experience in architecting, designing, and developing (hands-on) large-scale, complex infrastructure systems
- Excellent UNIX/Linux skills; experience with system programming using Perl, Python, C/C++, Ruby
- Expertise in coding; data structures, algorithms and scripting
- Ability to work in a fast-moving team environment and juggle many tasks and projects
- Experience with capturing, managing and processing Big Data (terabytes of data present in web logs, documents, social networks)
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.