Do you have good Knowledge and healthy exposure in dealing with end to end Business Intelligence Architecture and Strategies? Do you have exposure to SAP HANA and Tableau? Can you take Leadership and at the same time responsible for design, development and delivery of BI Solution in time? Have a look at this amazing opportunity only if your answer is unequivocal yes.
Designation – BI Architect
Location – Bangalore
About employer – General Electric
- Deliver on the goals and objectives of the BI architecture team
- Architect innovative and creative Business Intelligence solutions that simplifies business process and delivers on the data needs for the business
- Engage and Collaborate with Business Stakeholders, Functional SMEs and peer IT functions to deliver BI solutions in an Iterative, Collaborative and Agile methodology
- Perform the detailed data analysis and validation to architect BI solutions and mitigate data quality issues.
- Oversee and ensure the adherence to the Approved BI Design during build and deployment Project phases
- Develop architecture review procedures and change management review process for all environments
- Design and Review data structures, reports, dashboards and analytics; and continue to simplify the solutions by collaborating and revisiting the process and platforms
- Lead and Guide the vendor teams to fully understand the Architecture Blue Print and ensure their adherence during project execution
- Review test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Continue to explore the market to simplify toolsets and enhance functionalities to enable and empower the business BI users
- Actively Contribute and Deliver to the projects and support commitments
- Deliver all data profiling and data control artifacts from data discovery to the delivery phase.
- Accountable for the data profiling, data controls development and data quality consultation to Business and Technology Groups.
- Collaborate with the Data Architects, Business SME, Functional teams, BI Solution team to ensure the DQ and Profiling Services meet and /or exceed our internal client’s expectations.
- Establish the Data Profiling practice, continue to provide input into process improvements and optimize the data profiling process and adoption.
- Contribute to the data discovery, design, and reviews of BI solutions for Project Teams and Data Stewards
- Operationalize Data Profiling tool, techniques usage and the adoption
- Substantiate the Data Profiling and Quality recommendation with appropriate metrics
- Provide recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements regarding data profiling procedures within the enterprise master data, operational data stores, data warehouse and data marts
- Lead and supporting projects that have data profiling and control efforts
- Develop the formulation and adherence of policies, procedures, and standards relating to BI Solutions around data profiling
- Engage with the data quality group to understand requirements and implement proper data quality controls both through inflight ETL processes and pre/post data movement process
- Provide leadership in the end to end design, development and delivery of BI Solution
- Be responsible for meeting development schedules and delivering high quality solutions that meet technical specifications and design requirements on time and within estimates
- Manage vendor resources across various delivery centers
- Be the point person for L3 and own the relationship with the group providing L2 support
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering
- 6-8 years of experience in SAP BW development, implementation, and support
- Deep hands-on experience with SAP BW in defining complex multi-dimensional models such as Info Cubes, as well as DSOs, MultiProviders, Master Data with hierarchies, navigation and time-dependent attributes, transformations and process chain set up.
- Familiarity with ABAP and transforming data in BW
- Prior experience in Architecting Solution that spans Creating and maintaining SAP BW ETL mechanisms: DTPs, Update/Transfer Rules, Startup Routines, user exits, etc. to support data extraction, transformation, and loading; Creating and maintaining Process Chains to automate data loads
- 1-2 years of experience in Data Discovery and Visualization tools such as Tablaeu
- 1-2 years of SAP HANA modelling, development, implementation, and support
- Appreciation and Experience with Data Quality/Profiling functions within the context of BI Solutions
- Experience in performance tuning Enterprise data warehouses
- Excellent organization skills – ability to work effectively and prioritize tasks in a fast changing environment
- Ability to work under tight timeframe, managing several concurrent initiatives
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical, interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills
- Experience in architecting and implementations on SAP BI/Data Warehouse solutions. Including BW, HANA and Business Objects.
- Experience in designing solutions integrating SAP and non-SAP sources.
- Proficiency in BI concepts and tools for dimensional modeling.
- 6-8 years in IT and 4-6 years specifically regarding Data Management, data warehousing, ETL and operational datastore initiatives.
- Hands-on Data Profiling 3-5 yrs.
- Strong understanding and experience with Data Quality and how profiling and controls tie into data quality
- Strong understanding and experience in various profiling and controls
- Proven experience delivering enterprise wide data profiling and control initiatives
- Proven knowledge and experience working with data quality analysts, source matter experts and data stewards.
- Data Profiling Tools (3-5 yrs), ETL (5-6yrs) and strong SQL Experience.
- Experience in User Interaction, Business Analysis, Development, Integration, Documentation, Testing, Deployment, Building, Configuration and Production/Customer support, Maintenance and Enhancements applications.
- Expertise in Extraction, Cleansing, Validating and Integrating of data from multiple systems.
- Synthesizes information from multiple sources to contribute to the solution of a problem.
- Identify business advantages and improvements of adopting emerging technologies. Conducts formal and informal reviews where successes and mistakes can be distilled into “lessons learned.”
- Works within complex projects, including interaction with clients and other teams. Influences project strategy by proposing new or alternate data profiling with respect to BI solutions.
- Takes overall responsibility for project outcomes and resource management. Understands the implications and business benefits of all solutions
- Manage day to day data profiling technical challenges and communicate to project manager any risks or issues associated with the development activities
- Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouse Architecture, Star Schema, Snow flake Schema, Fact tables and Dimensional tables.
- Experience in Integration of various data sources
- Previous development and consultant experience
- Strong analytical skills, oral & written communication skills, user interaction and worked in On-site Off-shore model
- Develop inter personal relationship
- Ability to facilitate and manage deliverables
- Deep understanding of ETL process and technologies (data source, extractors, transformations, infopackages, psa, etc in SAP BW systems and for other sources
- Data modelling objects (master data, infoobjects, InfoCubes, DSO, MultiProviders, etc) and use of best practices in SAP BW systems and other technologies
- Good domain knowledge in Manufacturing, Finance and Customer Care
- Excellent team player with good organizational, communicational, analytical and logical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently as well as in a team, experienced in interacting with Business/Technology group
- Familiarity of Process Streamlining Process and Executing in an Agile format
- SAP BW and HANA hand-on experience
- Informatica and ETL tools hands-on experience
- Business Process Management
Interested candidates can apply at this PAGE.