What would you do if you had access to the world’s largest product catalog with billions of products, offers, images, reviews, searches, and much more? Amazon’s Search & Discovery group is looking for an exceptional business analyst to lead the engineering and operations team on cutting edge analytics. Have a look.
Designation – Business Analyst
Location – Bangalore
About employer – Amazon
- Understand the Catalog Quality development and operations process across different business lines.
- Develop Metrics and Dashboards using SAS, Perl, Excel and OBI (Oracle Business Intelligence). Should provide project planning, execution, Risk assessment and system availability.
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance.
- Perform business analysis and data queries using MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, and SAS.
- Creating, owning and continuously improving the core reports and metrics that supports Catalog Quality
- Is the first point of contact for all Business Intelligence questions.
- Performs data analysis highlighting trends and exceptions to business
- Delivers and sets priorities at a functional level (cycle time, productivity and accuracy for BI).
- Create performance metrics and present them to the team with recommendations on areas to improve.
- Ability to build relevant and detailed audit reports to measure results and communicate them to others within the organization
- Getting report requirements from business teams and building and maintaining complex SQL queries to gather business data from data warehouse and financial reporting systems.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to execute analytical projects and understanding of fundamental analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, etc.).
- Carries out tactical execution.
- Present metrics to the VP level.
- Forecasting number of requests – using diff forecasting models applying statistical tools . Understanding the trends – representing data – develop tools for the business e.g. time sheet / metrics for measuring performance
- Should be familar with the data analysis tools technical eg- SAS
- Sound knowledge of statistics
- Analyze data and identify new trends/patterns
- Shows freedom in making decisions for day to day effectiveness in his/her job.
- Is free to come up with innovative/unique solutions to problems.
- Should show high ownership of the process.
- Is able to operate fairly independently and displays autonomy and discretion at work.
- Conducts regular communication (monthly/quarterly review with stakeholders).
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Bachelor ‘s Degree in Engineering, MCA or Master ‘s Degree in any quantitative discipline i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or a related field
- Prior experience working in audit process / similar ecommerce processes.
- Prior experience in use of data analysis tools like MS Excel, MA Access, Minitab, SAS (3-5 years of experience).
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects.
- Prior experience in building software solutions using any backend / frontend tools.
- Experience in working with databases, and SQL in a business environment.
- Experience in databases querying and query optimization, OBIE and Excel Automation .
- Experience in Organizing and execution.
- Proficient in views, charting.
- Team lead experiences and/or project management experience and training is a plus
- Strong interest in metrics and reporting is highly desirable
- Prior data mining experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to write functional specs and drive UAT based on business requirements.
- Should have background in quantitative decision making, ability to drive business metrics.
- Analytical Mindset and ability to see the big picture and persuade others to see the same.
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem.
- Displays Innovation, and has the ability to drive changes.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills : including written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment a plus.
- Customer focus and professional demeanor.
- Ability to perform the Mentor role/ SME role.
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.