Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of eCommerce transactions in six countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? If this problem statement is making you jump on your feets, have a look at this opening from Amazon
Designation – Business Analyst
Location – Hyderabad
About employer – Amazon
Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services (“TRMS”) is to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction. TRMS group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver our services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. And, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with these launches.
As a BA, you are responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics, working with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the reporting systems, and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities.
You will be responsible building and maintaining forecasting models across the entire Operations.
You are expected to work on analytical projects, which involves model building & strategic analysis using variety of tools like regression, Machine Learning Algorithms, Forecasting techniques
As a BA, you are expected to work on project planning and execution with high level of quality. You should follow the quality framework and create error free, highly available systems.
In this role, you are expected to work closely with your peers, operations managers / senior managers/ senior leaders to understand their requirement and translate in to actionable metrics / projects. You will provide advice and mentoring to other analysts.
- Understand the TRMS operations process across Buyer Risk Investigation, Merchant Risk Investigation, Claims and Chargeback
- Understand the vision, direction and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, driving innovation and raising the performance across the operations team.
- Understand the requirements of Operations managers / others and map them with the data sources / data warehouse
- Guide and mentor the analysts and create next generation of world-class BAs
- Design and develop highly available dashboards and metrics using SAS, Perl, Excel and OBI (Oracle Business Intelligence). Should provide wing-to-wing project lifecycle execution (project planning, execution, Risk assessment and system availability)
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance with the help of Operations Analytics managers
- Perform business analysis and data queries using SAS
- Ability to execute analytical projects and understanding of analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Identify new pattern of abuse and make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring
- Develop and oversee the initiation of strategy recommendations
- Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent deposit and debit card fraud
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Prior experience working in ecommerce / retail / supply chain / financial services business
- Prior experience (advanced) in use of data analysis tools like SAS
- At least 7 years of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment with people management responsibilities
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects
- Exposure to software development process is desired
- Analytical Mindset and ability to see the big picture and persuade others to see the same.
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem.
- Worked extensively in large scale Data bases and data warehouses
- Experience in working with databases, and SQL in a business environment
- Master’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research from premier institute
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions
- Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem solving skills is required
- Strong proficiency in use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS,SPSS and SQL is required
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
- Experiance in e-commerce / on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions is preferred
Interested candidates can apply for this job at this PAGE.